Witcher (Netflix)

The Witcher series is coming out soon. I've read the books and played the game, so I am eager to see what Netflix delivers.

They just posted some Character Introductions.

The first season is out on Netflix. Watched the first episode, and so far I like it. It's been a long time since I read the books, but some memories are coming back watching it, and I found it nailed some of the atmosphere and feeling (particularly the whole reception of the Witcher in the public eye) quite well.

Nebulous

Legend
There.

Are.

Too.

Many.

Shows.

(Seriously, I just got around to watching the most recent season of Stranger Things, and I STILL haven't seen the last season of the Magicians .... how can someone watch all of this stuff and still have a life? I swear, I want to die and be reborn as a TV critic so at least I'd have the excuse that it's my job.)

I think ST3 might have been my favorite season. I didn't like 2 but 3 was pretty damn awesome.

anyway, I didn't know Witcher was out, I'll have to take a look. I do hope it's good.

Nebulous

Legend
Interesting! Having just finished ST3, I have to say that it was good, but while I thought that 2 lagged at times (esp. the 11 subplot), it was overall better than 3. ST3 was never as fully compelling to me.

I'll wait to see what people have to say about the Witcher; too little time to waste on bad TV.

Yeah, the 11 subplot was so bad and poorly done they pretended it never happened in Season 3. I wonder if they'll pick it up again in 4?

I read a few great reviews on Witcher, but they say it's complex without having read the books.

Sacrosanct

Legend
If you think there are too many shows now:

The Witcher is just one of the many big-budget, ambitious fantasy series you’ll be able to watch on TV in the coming years. Amazon is investing billions of dollars in a show based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings. (The company is also developing shows based on Conan the Barbarian and The Wheel of Time, a popular series of novels by Robert Jordan.) Showtime is making a TV show based on the fantasy book series The Kingkiller Chronicle. And HBO, for its part, isn’t quite ready to let Westeros go: It has already ordered a Game of Thrones prequel, titled House of the Dragon, straight to series.

However, if I were a betting man, I bet the Showtime show never gets finished...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases