D&D 5E Witchlight Promo Video: Ellywick Tumblestrum

WotC posted this short video on its social media accounts today, featuring a character called Ellywick Tumblestrum, who is a bard from the Magic: the Gathering D&D set, Adventures in the Forgotten Realms. “Join Ellywick Tumblestrum from @Wizards_Magic's Adventures in the Forgotten Realms, bard of the multiverse, guest of the Summer Queen & bearer of Morningmist, as she casts Legend Lore to...

WotC posted this short video on its social media accounts today, featuring a character called Ellywick Tumblestrum, who is a bard from the Magic: the Gathering D&D set, Adventures in the Forgotten Realms.

“Join Ellywick Tumblestrum from @Wizards_Magic's Adventures in the Forgotten Realms, bard of the multiverse, guest of the Summer Queen & bearer of Morningmist, as she casts Legend Lore to uncover the next Dungeons & Dragons story!”

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone

She announced a YouTube stream of Dark Alliance.

She also announced a pile of new localizations for the Core Set and Essentials box.

Still the most exciting reveal to day is...that her frog in the corner is called Groak.

Okay for me personally it's two hits and two misses, tomorrow we see if the last announcement is exciting or a third dud (to be fair the localizations are exciting for effected regions, I just don't like there).

I'm thinking the last reveal may just be the re-revealing the Forgotten Realms Magic the Gathering set, so not very exciting. Open to being surprised of course!

I do remember that... it was a bit of a special set as it was not really tied to another product (it was a strangely named release) so folks thought it might be tied to a "Laeral Silverhand's Guide to Faerun." An FR fan around here got absolutely convinced that's was it was, I think he got banned shortly after he was so upset.
With today's ho-hum announcement it does seem like this is it for big reveals
Expect Magic cards tomorrow
(Could Wyatt's project actually be the D&D magic set?)

Amazon leaked the titles early, but probably only a day or two. If there was something else coming we'd likely see it already. Unlikely to see another book before December
Unless it's a PDF like they did for Eberron. A Dragonlance book tested on the Guild first, using the new dragon options

I'm thinking the last reveal may just be the re-revealing the Forgotten Realms Magic the Gathering set, so not very exciting. Open to being surprised of course!

That announced already, but then again so was Dark Allaince, so anything is possible. Here is to hoping the new announcement made tomorrow is much more exciting then these last two.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Dragon Talk specifically said they're going to reveal two new cards on Friday and something else that they were working on the marketing copy for immediately before they recorded. So there's one more thing, but it could be almost anything.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Dragon Talk specifically said they're going to reveal two new cards on Friday and something else that they were working on the marketing copy for immediately before they recorded. So there's one more thing, but it could be almost anything.

Yeah true... hopefully it's the last major product, but I'm trying not to be too optimistic.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Hundreds of millions more people will have access to the game we love and people are like "ho hum"
Translations were already available in several languages, but they were licensed. Now, after pausing all foregin releases for a while, WotC is taking direct control of them. In the long run, hopefully it will mean a faster release schedule for the translations.

Remove ads

Remove ads