D&D 5E Witchlight Promo Video: Ellywick Tumblestrum

WotC posted this short video on its social media accounts today, featuring a character called Ellywick Tumblestrum, who is a bard from the Magic: the Gathering D&D set, Adventures in the Forgotten Realms.

“Join Ellywick Tumblestrum from @Wizards_Magic's Adventures in the Forgotten Realms, bard of the multiverse, guest of the Summer Queen & bearer of Morningmist, as she casts Legend Lore to uncover the next Dungeons & Dragons story!”

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
I don't think Tito works on marketing for anything other than the core D&D game, does he? So that at least suggests it's not a board game, MTG cards or a video game.

Shelly Mazzanoble (co-host on the podcast) does do the board games (and I think some other things), and they have done promotion for non-core D&D products on the podcast before.

I think it's quite possible that if they announce something new, it's not the last major product. It still could be, but I'm trying to hedge my bets here.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Shelly Mazzanoble (co-host on the podcast) does do the board games (and I think some other things), and they have done promotion for non-core D&D products on the podcast before.

I think it's quite possible that if they announce something new, it's not the last major product. It still could be, but I'm trying to hedge my bets here.
Yeah, but she specifically said he was working on copy for it. Unless she has him look over stuff from other departments -- which is good policy, if everyone has the time, since fresh eyes are always good -- it would be a D&D core product.

But I agree that it's hard to really know until tomorrow, unless more information comes out.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Yeah, but she specifically said he was working on copy for it. Unless she has him look over stuff from other departments -- which is good policy, if everyone has the time, since fresh eyes are always good -- it would be a D&D core product.

But I agree that it's hard to really know until tomorrow, unless more information comes out.

Yeah I'm not sure what "working on copy," means. Could just be a description for say the accessories kit, or even the script for the Dragon Talk episode.

So anyway, I don't think that specific quote means much. I think it still could be the last core D&D product, but I dunno.

Did something in their announcement preclude a book being announced? I didn't watch the video.

They say nothing about a book, but it seems pretty much like no, there isn't a new one coming. Mostly talked about about everything they already have released, and the upcoming new streaming show.

Shelly's role has shifted. Per VGR she is now Global Brand Manager for D&D

Didn't know that, thanks!

Yeah I'm not sure what "working on copy," means. Could just be a description for say the accessories kit, or even the script for the Dragon Talk episode.

So anyway, I don't think that specific quote means much. I think it still could be the last core D&D product, but I dunno.

They say nothing about a book, but it seems pretty much like no, there isn't a new one coming. Mostly talked about about everything they already have released, and the upcoming new streaming show.

Didn't know that, thanks!

We know per Ray Winninger that 3 major books are planned for the rest of this year. The first of these is Chris Perkin's "summer" adventure witchlight, the last of these is Amanda Hammon's Strixhaven: Cirrculum of Chaos. That leaves just one book, the middle one by James Wyatt to be revealed. Why revealnthe first and last out of order, leaving the middle one unrevealed my dear Dr. Watson? Elementary, you as they say save the best for last, the grand finale, it meant to be the book that generates the most excitement for the year. Hence why the D&D team revamped their Amazon page so that another accident leak won't ruin the spectical of their grand finally reveal. Its all being building towards tomorrow.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases