D&D 5E Witness The Mighty And Terrible Face Of War In A World Of Magic!

In War of the Burning Sky, you will have the chance to fight in a war of mythic proportions, and determine the fate of many nations in its aftermath. Ever-escalating conflicts, powered by mighty magic and fervent faith, threaten your freedom and lives, and even the world itself. This critically-acclaimed adventure path is back, revised and updated for your 5th Edition games!

wotbs1.jpg

Released today are the first adventure - The Scouring of Gate Pass - plus the free Player's Guide and Campaign Guide.

As the new year turns, the weather takes a sudden chill turn, and the sky darkens as the grip of winter intensifies. Worry rises as regular channels of communication between nations cease like a candle suddenly snuffed. Slowly, throughout the lands claimed by the Ragesian Empire, rumors spread between isolated villages, traveling by foot and horse and word of mouth — rumors that Drakus Coaltongue, the immortal emperor whose armies conquered every land he set his gaze upon, has fallen in a distant land to the west. How the tyrant was defeated is unknown, but if it is true, everyone knows that a war is coming. The generals of Emperor Coaltongue will strike for control, oppressed peoples will rise up in rebellion, and dangers once held in check only by fear of the mighty warlord will bring doom to the world.

Those in power are preparing for the coming conflict, readying fervent armies and powerful weapons and subtle, deceptive plots, but two questions burn in their minds: who killed the seemingly-immortal Emperor Coaltongue; and what has become of the artifact that would let a man rule the world? Who has the Torch of the Burning Sky?

E.N. Publishing presents a saga of twelve adventures where would-be conquerers bring the world to the brink of annihilation, and it is up to the heroes to decide who will rule in the aftermath of the great war – perhaps an ally, perhaps themselves, perhaps even anarchy. They can usher the world into a golden age, or let it be scorched under a rain of fire.

A cohesive storyline, memorable NPCs, imaginative set-pieces, moral conflict, action, adventure, politics – War of the Burning Sky has it all!

[video=youtube;ZSh4MWnOEq0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSh4MWnOEq0[/video]​
Your heroes will...

• Escape a besieged city
  • Traverse an eternally burning forest
  • Save the Resistance headquarters from destruction
  • Ally the dukedoms of Dassen
  • Penetrate the castle where Coaltongue died
  • Pursue the assassins who slew him
  • Recover the Torch of the Burning Sky
  • Rescue hundreds of imprisoned mages from an icy fortress
  • Destroy the Koren Obelisk
  • Defend Gate Pass from a Ragesian invasion
  • Save the gold dragon Trilla from her dreamworld prison
  • Defeat a mile-long living airship and its traitorous creator.
And then, in the stunning finale to the War of the Burning Sky adventure path, the heroes will lead their armies on a final assault against the might of the Ragesian Empire, and cut out the heart of their foe, the tyrannical Leska.

The first adventure and two guides are available in PDF format right now, with softcover versions coming soon.
[FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT]

Tormyr

Adventurer
I have DM'd this one in the past (tabletop) and loved it. Any chance it will come out for Fantasy Grounds?

It is likely to come to FG down the road. For now, it is available as a PDF and on Roll20. In a couple weeks it should have cleared the Print on Demand approval process.

Nareth

First Post
FINALLY!!!

FINALLY!!! I ran the entire 30 level 4e version, and it was literally the only reason my group played 4e. I wanted to convert it, but the rulesets are too different. I cannot wait for this to be complete.

Is there a way to subscribe to this, like there was before, so we know right away when the next title comes out?

Tormyr

Adventurer
FINALLY!!! I ran the entire 30 level 4e version, and it was literally the only reason my group played 4e. I wanted to convert it, but the rulesets are too different. I cannot wait for this to be complete.

Is there a way to subscribe to this, like there was before, so we know right away when the next title comes out?

There is not currently a subscription option. Each release will likely receive a front page news item on enworld.org, and if you receive the weekly news summary, you will see it there. You can also follow ancrisit and morrus on twitter. DriveThruRPG/RPGNow also has a "Follow Your Favorites" option that tells you when there are new releases from your favorite publishers. Just mark EN Publishing as a favorite in your account.

jeffh

Adventurer
Sort-of-sorry about the necro, but regarding the questions about converting it to Forgettable Realms and other settings besides the one it comes with, the whole thing takes place on a fairly self-contained peninsula about the combined size of France and Spain. That - and actually, not even all of it - is all Coaltongue was the emperor of. We're not talking world-spanning empires that would change the entire nature of a setting here. It's strongly implied that there's other nations, and active trade with them by sea, but they're not detailed and can be whatever you want, although it would explain a lot if at least one of them had a pseudo-Chinese culture. Even the titular Burning Sky - a magical phenomenon that's screwing up teleportation as of the start of the campaign - could be localized, specific to that region. It should be fairly easy to drop into an existing campaign world and use its lore.

The books are also deliberately vague about deities, though I found that the Golarion pantheon worked very well with some nice coincidences where it was almost like it was written with those gods in mind (it wasn't - most of it predates their publication).

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases