D&D 5E Wizards Educator Resources page update and free intro teaching adventure among other cool things.

darjr

I crit!
There is a short intro adventure by Shawn Merwin!!! Free PDF to boot! Scroll down to the bottom of the page. There are some cool things all over this, like a four page educator digital zine. A How to build an adventure kit and other cool things. Educator Resources | Dungeons & Dragons

Peril in Pinebrook is an introductory Dungeons & Dragons (also known as D&D) adventure inspired by The Practically Complete Guide to Dragons. It’s perfect for new and younger players, but can be enjoyed by players of all ages! It’s the perfect place to learn how to play D&D and become a Dungeon Master! Best of all, you can download Peril in Pinebrook for free.

aco175

Legend
The adventure is certainly designed for new and young players, but could be steal-worthy. The 22 pages have about 10 for the actual adventure and the rest for how to play and such. It features a baby dragon that the PCs need to bring back to its lair and away from the ice trolls- which never come. It is 3 encounters with the first meeting the baby dragon. There are icicle sprouts and ice hand things to fight which I guess is to not kill actual beings in the fantasy world, likely for younger players. It is nice to get something free though.

smerwin29

Reluctant Time Traveler
Hey Dave, thanks for helping spread the word on this. For the last several years I've been interested in finding ways to bring new players and DMs, and especially younger players and DMs, into the game. Getting asked to work on this projects was a great opportunity to take at least one step in that direction. I hope we get to take more steps!

darjr

I crit!
Hey Dave, thanks for helping spread the word on this. For the last several years I've been interested in finding ways to bring new players and DMs, and especially younger players and DMs, into the game. Getting asked to work on this projects was a great opportunity to take at least one step in that direction. I hope we get to take more steps!
I didn’t notice the ability scores thing till you pointed it out. Lol!

I completely missed this post. Today was the first time I saw the PDF advertised on FB. I wished I would have had the pre-gens when I started my game with the kids and wife. They've wrapped their head around it but I think these would have been less jarring for first time players.

Remove ads