D&D General Wizard's hat

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Man, I kind of like these challenges you keep throwing in, but this time there is too little to go with. Was there an image with the hat or was it just a description? Do you remember wether it was magical or mundane item? Are you certain it was 3.x edition and not even earlier? Do you remember any properties it might have had?

Last edited:

Dausuul

Legend
Yeah, I'm with the others - we need more data. Anything at all you can remember would help. Even limiting the search to official material, there was an ocean of sourcebooks published during the 3E era, each one stuffed with character options including magic items. And if you came across this in 2012, we can't even narrow it down by date--we have the entire span of 3E and 3.5E to cover. It's far too much to trawl through it with nothing to go on but "wizard's hat."

What's got you digging for this?

It would help if you listed anything else at all.

Like what the hat does. Or even the color.
Ordinarily i would. I simply dont remember that much about this particular item though. I also think i remember that its shaped and colored like a stereotypical wizard hat (blue or blueish purple? Maybe stars and such. Not sure about that. Maybe though?). There may or may not be a black variant (not sure about that).

I wish i remember what the use was. Unfortunately i dont. Sorry i dont have more info.

Man, I kind of like these challenges you keep throwing in, but this time there is too little to go with. Was there an image with the hat or was it just a description? Do you remember wether it was magical or mundane item? Are you certain it was 3.x edition and not even earlier? Do you remember any properties it might have had?
It was 3 or 3.5 and actually yes it was a magical item (i should have stated this detail before. Sorry). Dont know if it was listed among a magic item section or not but it was a magic item listed in either an item section or a magic item section. One or the other.

Yeah, I'm with the others - we need more data. Anything at all you can remember would help. Even limiting the search to official material, there was an ocean of sourcebooks published during the 3E era, each one stuffed with character options including magic items. And if you came across this in 2012, we can't even narrow it down by date--we have the entire span of 3E and 3.5E to cover. It's far too much to trawl through it with nothing to go on but "wizard's hat."

What's got you digging for this?
I have a strong suspicion that it may have been in something faerun related. I wish i hadnt been such a disorganized baffoon years ago but i was. Im better about this now, but i wish I'd catalogued things before. Now i am though so that i dont repeat history. Trying to find things again has occasionally gotten me stuck like this due to it. Im sorry. I appreciate all the help ive recieved though. Thanks.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I pored through the FR books, and closest I’ve come across, is Helm of Supreme Wizardry in Dragons of Faerun. Pg 131. It does not have any image though, and the description makes it clearly a helmet...

Remove ads