Wizards In Winter - Combined Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: ?)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"There is something unnatural about the ice here. The winter did not come so early to create so much. And the storm...eh, no it's just the suns glow."

OOC : missed arcana by one, have no chance on perception

Last edited:

"Nice to meet you all, my name is Cyr Iannes. I am the voice of Joven on mortal realm. Let's hope The Lord of Storms favors us on this winter voyage."

On the voyage, Cyr was recovering from the ordeal of The Kolloseum. He was praying sitting at the bow of the ship, out of the way of the crew.

"I agree this ice is not natural, the storm is called, it's not the result of normal weather. And there are beasts in the clouds. Great winged ones. I'm not yet sure what they are, but dragons, wyverns and demons come to mind."

OOC: Crit perception :D, too bad about Arcana

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Merri is quite used to travel, but mostly her exploits are alone. She smiles friendly with the other people on the boat but hasn't spoken much to any one person.

She is whistling quietly when the change in weather is appreciated.

OOC: IC looks like it is still down.

[sblock=Merri's Stats]Merri - Human Hybrid: Ardent / Vampire 1

Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 11

AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 16

HP 24/24 Bloodied 12, Surge Value 6, Surges 2/2
Vulneribility: 5 radiant

Speed 6, Initiative +3

Action Points: 1

Power Points: 2

At-Will Powers: Energizing Strike, Ire Strike, Taste of Life
Encounter Powers: Secone Wind, Surefooted Stride, Ardent Surge
Daily Powers: Lingering Fury

Notes:
Allies within 5 squares get +1 to OA damage rolls and +2 to Diplomacy and Intimidate checks.
Target of Ardent Surge gains +1 to attack rolls TENT
Merri has regeneration 4 while bloodied.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
Caim doesn't notice anything is amiss. Merri's low whistle catches her attention, however, and she approaches the girl, following her gaze out to sea. "What is it? Did you see something?" Caim takes a swig from a flask. She still seems unperturbed by the cold.

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Ilex Cassine notices the boats slowing down and the loud rustle from the sails and moves to the front of the ship. Looking off the bow, Ilex notices a myriad of ice floats. "That's odd," she says to anyone near enough to hear her, "It hasn't been cold enough to form ice floats, never-mind cold enough for long enough to cause this many of this size. It appears the island of Solstice has been experiencing below freezing conditions for quite a while."

From Ilex's hood floats Luna the moonwisp. The moonwisp tinkles and shimmers a few time and Ilex appears to be talking to the moonwisp. "You want me to look at the edge of the storm?" Luna tinkles and glows some more. Ilex concentrates for a short time and then exclaims, "I see it! That's elemental magic, strong elemental magic!" Luna tinkles and shimmers happily and retreats back to the warmth of Ilex's hood. "That likely explains the ice floats around the island and the abrupt storm! The storm is not natural, if it were it would be coming from that direction," Ilex points about 150 degrees off to the rear starboard of the ship.

OOC: Ilex auto makes the first nature roll and hasn't a dream of making the perception check unless someone on the low level boat is offering a +1 to perception checks.

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: Well, that was a pretty darn good perception roll for me, but since I didn't make the DC....

Merri squints into the horizon, "I thought I did, but no. Just... something isn't right."

Merri turns and addresses the warrior, "My name is Merri. I'm pleased to meet you." She extends her gloved hand. Caim experiences feelings of warmth and kindness eminating from the young woman.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Those are expert DCs for our level, don't feel too bad. Looks like our Hamadryad has it covered in any case.

"Caim," she answers, turning from the railing to answer the girl's regard. She frowns as she shakes the proffered hand- the feel-good waves this young woman was putting out really didn't mix well with her bourbon. Between Caim's familiarity with psionics and her sharp intuition, she recognizes the nature of Merri's emotive radiance. Caim looks away from the girl and back to sea, and says mildly, "Can you tone that down a bit, or is your control still unrefined?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Sitting only a few feet from the deva on a bench, unnoticed by all until he spoke, the unremarkable man added softly, Yes. The storm is not a favor of our Dark Lady; it is not her touch of season here.
OOC: Pass both Nature. Nothing else.

Last edited:

Rapida

First Post
Brenwar nods along with the rest seeing that the storm is unnatural, but is unable to offer any other helpful advice.

Last edited:

Remove ads