WotC Wizards of the Coast Is Moving -- But Not Far!

Wizards of the Coast has leased 110,000 square feet in a new office development in Southport, an area of Renton, a city near Seattle in Washington. The company is already based in Renton, which is where D&D has been based since WotC acquired TSR. Renton’s Southport, the 727,000 square foot office complex developed by SECO Development located on the southern shores of Lake Washington, has...

Wizards of the Coast has leased 110,000 square feet in a new office development in Southport, an area of Renton, a city near Seattle in Washington. The company is already based in Renton, which is where D&D has been based since WotC acquired TSR.

SECO-Southport_ext_17.jpg

Renton’s Southport, the 727,000 square foot office complex developed by SECO Development located on the southern shores of Lake Washington, has found another tenant to occupy its modern office space. Hasbro’s gaming subsidiary Wizards of the Coast

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I'm not sure if there are many news organizations that are even interested in being informative.
This is an extremely silly take.

Almost everything you know about what's going on in the world is the product of a reporter, outside of stuff in your immediate vicinity, even if it's been laundered through social media posts.

Now, are there outlets that get stuff wrong? Yep, just like there are businesses and professionals of all sorts that make a mess of things.

Generally speaking, I don't think much of cable news or even local broadcast television news, but most of what is accepted fact was reported and verified by a newspaper reporter, usually a local newspaper reporter making less than a school teacher's salary, and then regurgitated by progressively better paid (and less close to the source) other outlets.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Sure, but I don’t think it would be wrong to say they count it as one of their notable titles. It is a very notable title, and they do count it among those they’ve published.
Pokemon is also one of the two properties, outside of D&D, associated with WotC that random real estate investor (the audience for the newspaper being quoted) would recognize.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I haven't read the story, but I'm wondering if this means that their branch offices in Bellevue (Eastgate) are going to consolidate again.

SouthPort is a fun little area that should be a booming space, but opened just prior to the pandemic

Abstruse

Legend
Do we know if they're actually moving or if they're expanding into an additional office? I mean they are a top-level subdivision of Hasbro now with a lot more responsibility including all the digital gaming for Hasbro which includes...I think four video game studios at this point? Two from ex BioWare people, Tuque, and the Wizards Digital team doing M:TG Arena. I know Archetype and Skeleton Key both have their own offices in Austin, but that's still a big expansion.

Remove ads

Remove ads