• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wizards of the Coast to reprint D&D 3.5

Ravenloft already has a well-received hardcover in Domains of Dread; the 3E version is also hardcover, but suffers from the decision to spin off "DMs only" material into a supplement.

If they do ravenloft i think they shouldn't underestimatethe appeal of the black boxed set DoD is great in that it offers a more complete setting but does lack some of the atmosphere (not to mention fabian art) of thered and black sets.

Here is what I would like to see re-released:

All the van richten books (these are the best supplements ever imo)
A mega boxed set that combines the red and black
Castles Forlorn boxed set
Feast of Goblyns (in the original format)
Print the rest of the hyksa modules as one book

Loonook

First Post
Why? As far as I know, a company can do just about what it wants with an ISBN. It's supposed to uniquely identify one edition of a book, but a little errata doesn't mean that you have to get a new ISBN. I know there are books out there with completely redesigned covers that have kept the same ISBN.

Books that make revisions to the text rather than just correcting errors in spelling would have to have a completely new ISBN. A full-cover reprint would not; however, anything beyond small changes or a change in publishing would do so...

1e PHB (old): 978-0394511122
NEW 1e PHB: 978-0786962433

All for a new cover... Any changes in the text does the same thing (though I cannot find an 'original' 3.0 and the quickly-released errata'd 3.0 to back up on 3.x specifically).

Slainte,

-Loonook.

boredgremlin

Banned
Banned
I'd buy new ones and some spares if they did this. My books are pretty thrashed at this point. Hopefully its true.

As to what settings? I would like to see Ravenloft redone and all gathered in one place, definately with the Van Richtens guides. And the original Greyhawk. I never got a chance to play in that setting and since so many of D&D's sacred cows come from there I would i like to see it in actual play.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I know there are books out there with completely redesigned covers that have kept the same ISBN.

Dust jackets or actual covers? I think I have seen some paperbacks with multiple covers put out at the same time even and with the same ISBN. I'm not sure how that works with hardcovers though.

Rise. The first D&D modules that could really be called an adventure path would be the Dragonlance modules, the first of which came out in 1984. There are earlier modules that are strung together but the Dragonlance ones are the first (IIRC) that lay out a clear path.

As far as 3ed having the best rules, well it certainly has the most flexibility, but for me its the Riftworld edition, lots and lots of cool stuff, but the rules are often pretty damn borked.
I disagree - the first adventure path could be the Against the Giants/Ku Toa/Demonweb series.
And the Slaver's series could also be added to that. Long before Dragonlance was ever on the radar.

Elf Witch

First Post
I would buy them because mine have been used a lot and even with care there is wear and tear on the spines of my players handbook, DMG and one monster manual.

I have planned to see if I could find some in good shape to just keep on my shelves. I would rather buy them new.

I have gotten to the point that I don't carry all my books to games any longer.

I carry my PHB and when I DM my DMG. I have PDFs of all the books I own so when I prep I just print out the what I need.

In the one game I play in I have one spell from the spell compendium so instead of carrying the entire book I just have a copy of the spell.

As for settings I would love to see some of the older box sets that are hard to find made available.

Rogue Agent

First Post
And the Slaver's series could also be added to that. Long before Dragonlance was ever on the radar.

One key distinction of the Adventure Path (when the term was coined by Paizo) was that it specifically took the players through a large chunk of levels.

Under that distinction, tournament sequences like G1-3 and A1-4 wouldn't qualify.

I disagree - the first adventure path could be the Against the Giants/Ku Toa/Demonweb series.

But I would tend to agree that when G1-3 became GDQ, you could make a pretty solid case for "first adventure path". About the only thing missing is the idea of the path starting at 1st level. That wouldn't happen until you got the TAGDQ sequence; and that sequence wasn't connected until the series was being repackaged in 1986 (post-Dragonlance).

One key distinction of the Adventure Path (when the term was coined by Paizo) was that it specifically took the players through a large chunk of levels.

Under that distinction, tournament sequences like G1-3 and A1-4 wouldn't qualify.

But I would tend to agree that when G1-3 became GDQ, you could make a pretty solid case for "first adventure path". About the only thing missing is the idea of the path starting at 1st level. That wouldn't happen until you got the TAGDQ sequence; and that sequence wasn't connected until the series was being repackaged in 1986 (post-Dragonlance).

True - I almost said T1 - T4. But to be fair, it's more like one big super module than a path, though it does get you from level 1 to level 9-12 depending upon our class and your luck.

Remove ads