D&D 5E WizKids Announces Largest Tiamat Miniature Ever

The largest official Tiamat miniature ever at nearly 15 inches tall and nearly 30 inches wide, is coming this September from WizKids, according to IGN. https://www.ign.com/articles/dungeons-dragons-massive-tiamat-miniature-announced-largest-wizkids-miniature-ever Slated to hit store shelves in September of this year and available for pre-order in the WizKids online shop, the miniature will...

The largest official Tiamat miniature ever at nearly 15 inches tall and nearly 30 inches wide, is coming this September from WizKids, according to IGN.

Slated to hit store shelves in September of this year and available for pre-order in the WizKids online shop, the miniature will be priced "under $400" with more details to come, and tower over your player characters, monster miniatures, most of your terrain pieces, and likely some small pets at 28.9 inches (73.4 cm) wide, 14.6 inches (37.1 cm) tall, and 16.8 inches (42.8 cm) long, supported by a 200mm clear round base. This new miniature will be the largest officially licensed, playable representation of the classic Dungeons & Dragons antagonist since her earliest incarnation by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax back in 1975.

1617036387570.png

Dire Bare

Legend
No, I purchased the tiamat below unpainted and unassembled for a bit over $400 about 5 years ago. It is slightly bigger than the one by Wizkids, but close enough that I may purchase the wizkids one too (I only wanted a Tiamat that is close to the correct size). The benefit of the unassembled and unpainted ones is that you can change them more easily. I made some changes to my Tiamat and will eventually do different paint job (that is not mine below).

View attachment 134836
Interesting! Which company did that one? Was it licensed?

Both sculpts look great, but the WizKids sculpt is almost too dynamic for me (you'll need a lot of space for those wings) and the sculpt you shared isn't dynamic enough . . . I guess I'm hard to please with my mega-miniatures!

A too-scale Tiamat would be cool on the table top, but . . . it needs a pose that looks cool and menacing, but also fits on my shelf!

dave2008

Legend

Both sculpts look great, but the WizKids sculpt is almost too dynamic for me (you'll need a lot of space for those wings) and the sculpt you shared isn't dynamic enough . . . I guess I'm hard to please with my mega-miniatures!

A too-scale Tiamat would be cool on the table top, but . . . it needs a pose that looks cool and menacing, but also fits on my shelf!
No, it was an individual artist I found on deviant art. He only made a handful of them (someone else on these forums got one too). I am pretty sure he does work for special effects studios now (sculpting monsters). There was another artist you made one on commission that was more the WotC design, but they wouldn't make another one.

I know what you mean about the dynamic posses. That is my beef with the WizKids one (and it is to low to the ground). I am making some changes to the tail and heads, but I'm not really looking to change the pose. I thinking it is imposing and regal and gets the idea across, My only beef really is that the heads are not the WotC standard (which I generally like). These seems pretty close to the same size, so their is a small chance I get the WizKids one and take the heads of an put them on my custom Tiamat!

Fallen star

Explorer
Aren't their dracolich and demogorgon neither painted nor assembled or am I mixing up different companies?
they've released several dracoliches, in both painted and unpainted. Orcus is painted. The wizkids demogorgon is painted. Reaper bones 5 has an unpainted demigorgon

dave2008

Legend

I just figured out the perfect solution. Buy the WizKids Tiamat and modify it to be a little less dynamic - boom!

dave2008

Legend

Here is another view that shows it might be a bit more dynamic than the profile view I posted before:
1617046398745.png

I pre-ordered the WizKids one, but I am realizing the one I have is significantly larger than the WizKids one. So that makes it unlikely I will be able to combine the too. Maybe I need to get a hold of someone with a digital scanner and printer :unsure:

Remove ads

Remove ads