D&D 5E WizKids Announces Largest Tiamat Miniature Ever

The largest official Tiamat miniature ever at nearly 15 inches tall and nearly 30 inches wide, is coming this September from WizKids, according to IGN. https://www.ign.com/articles/dungeons-dragons-massive-tiamat-miniature-announced-largest-wizkids-miniature-ever Slated to hit store shelves in September of this year and available for pre-order in the WizKids online shop, the miniature will...

The largest official Tiamat miniature ever at nearly 15 inches tall and nearly 30 inches wide, is coming this September from WizKids, according to IGN.

Slated to hit store shelves in September of this year and available for pre-order in the WizKids online shop, the miniature will be priced "under $400" with more details to come, and tower over your player characters, monster miniatures, most of your terrain pieces, and likely some small pets at 28.9 inches (73.4 cm) wide, 14.6 inches (37.1 cm) tall, and 16.8 inches (42.8 cm) long, supported by a 200mm clear round base. This new miniature will be the largest officially licensed, playable representation of the classic Dungeons & Dragons antagonist since her earliest incarnation by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax back in 1975.

1617036387570.png

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Well the largest official version of Godzilla so far is 1000 feet tall (300+ meters), so don't think there would be to much to see!
look we start with demogorgon's faces look of fear as a living mounting moves into view, with him having to question if the universe got nastier when he was not looking.

I need to work a carnivorous mounting into a setting at some point.

dave2008

Legend
look we start with demogorgon's faces look of fear as a living mounting moves into view, with him having to question if the universe got nastier when he was not looking.

I need to work a carnivorous mounting into a setting at some point.
FYI, a mountain is technically 2000' tall at a minimum. Otherwise it is just a hill ;)

Dire Bare

Legend
Which is funny because they are about to make Action Figures for D&D. SO is Diamond Select and a couple others.
That sounds cool! Looking forward to their first foray into action figures!

I've seen the Drizzt action figure released not long ago . . . not sure which company was behind that one. Looked pretty good, although I'm not an action-figure guy.

Undrave

Legend
Well, sure, they COULD have articulated it, but . . . . WizKids isn't an action figure company and has very little experience creating articulated figures. And . . . they ARE a tabletop miniatures company, which very rarely has any logical reason to create articulated figures.

I would love to see a toy company that does have experience in creating articulated action figures get a license with WotC and do such a thing . . . . but it seems silly to criticize WizKids for not being that company.
You're right, it's not fair, that's just me being me. If you want to sell me something with no or limited articulation it has to either be small and sturdy (like a Battle Beast for exemple), inexpensive (candy toy figurines), or really really big! This thing's just not quote big enough.

I just wanted to follow up after your MA KG comment so I did do some checking and the current cost of KG is over $500, not quite the same. Maybe you can find it somewhere cheaper. However, the most disappointing thing I found as that quite a few people posted that those wonderful articulating parts are prone to falling off! KG wings are particularly a problem - and they don't articulate. They are just to be big and tend to fall off evidently. Just an FYI.
King Gidorah was just an exemple off the top of my head. And if you're in for 400$, you can push to 500$ :p

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
You're right, it's not fair, that's just me being me. If you want to sell me something with no or limited articulation it has to either be small and sturdy (like a Battle Beast for exemple), inexpensive (candy toy figurines), or really really big! This thing's just not quote big enough.

King Gidorah was just an exemple off the top of my head. And if you're in for 400$, you can push to 500$ :p
wait they sell a king gidorah?

dave2008

Legend
My bigger point was that articulation comes at the cost of reliability. If you read the reviews from the link I just posted, several of them broke rather easily.

Remove ads

Remove ads