D&D 5E WizKids Announces Largest Tiamat Miniature Ever

The largest official Tiamat miniature ever at nearly 15 inches tall and nearly 30 inches wide, is coming this September from WizKids, according to IGN.

Slated to hit store shelves in September of this year and available for pre-order in the WizKids online shop, the miniature will be priced "under $400" with more details to come, and tower over your player characters, monster miniatures, most of your terrain pieces, and likely some small pets at 28.9 inches (73.4 cm) wide, 14.6 inches (37.1 cm) tall, and 16.8 inches (42.8 cm) long, supported by a 200mm clear round base. This new miniature will be the largest officially licensed, playable representation of the classic Dungeons & Dragons antagonist since her earliest incarnation by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax back in 1975.

1617036387570.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Undrave

Legend
My bigger point was that articulation comes at the cost of reliability. If you read the reviews from the link I just posted, several of them broke rather easily.
Yes in this case it clearly does. I didn't really look into it or anything, I just knew it existed.

They're making Monster Hunter MonsterArts toys now... so I still think MonsterArts D&D would be epic...

MGibster

Legend
I think it's great that there are premium products like this for D&D. Given that I play Warhammer 40k, the price of this particular miniature doesn't strike me as particularly outrageous given its size. I'd absolutely love to surprise my players by busting this sucker out on the table. But since I wouldn't use it very often it'd end up more of a decorative piece than a gaming object. If I ever see it on sale at a discount I might consider it though.

dave2008

Legend
Ok, you guys have inspired me to break out the the Queen of Dragons, slap some pieces back on, and do a little photo shoot. I think I am going to have make some room in my basement to start working on this again. Unfortunately, I've discovered I am missing a few pieces: black & red dragon horns, blue dragon ears, and white dragon lower jaw. So I have a bit more work than I expected to get this back in shape (along with the other modifications I was already planning). Anyway, here you go:

Tiamat01.JPG

Tiamat03.JPG

Tiamat06.JPG

Last edited:

teitan

Legend
That sounds cool! Looking forward to their first foray into action figures!

I've seen the Drizzt action figure released not long ago . . . not sure which company was behind that one. Looked pretty good, although I'm not an action-figure guy.
They did action figures before plus they’re owned by Neca, an action figure company. The Drizzt is Hasbro using Marvel Legends engineering. I have it and he’s pretty good.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases