Women of Color...

the Jester

Legend
Those are cool photos, but I wish more of them had more fantasy in them, if you know what I mean. A number of them are just cool pictures of women of color in cool outfits, but without much that sets them firmly in the fantasy realm. That's just a quibble, though. I really like the ones that do have the fantasy element front and center, especially the winged woman with a sort of Egyptian feel to it. And the woman in gold somehow looks like she's casting a spell to me.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
My parents were fans of Boney M and Earth Wind and Fire so I grew up with images of woman-of-colour in fantasy poses - albeit that many were of the Afrofuturism bent.

Like the Oceans of Fantasy album cover which directly influenced my depiction of ‘the Undersea’
CC11AE6D-32C3-4527-B7FD-42CC49E00A85.jpeg

Zardnaar

Legend
My parents were fans of Boney M and Earth Wind and Fire so I grew up with images of woman-of-colour in fantasy poses - albeit that many were of the Afrofuturism bent.

Like the Oceans of Fantasy album cover which directly influenced my depiction of ‘the Undersea’
View attachment 124663

I may like this old clip.

The costumes in the OP are quite interesting. Not all very fantasy themed but oh well.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter

View attachment 124663
There was a LOT of that around in the 70’s. And that style is enjoying a renaissance in bands emulating music from that era..much of which is a bit too racy to post on ENWorld.

Remove ads