Wonder Woman Spoilery Review

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Saw it yesterday. It definitely is the better DC superhero movie since Batman: the Dark Knight. Mind you that the bar wasn't very high and that means little. But I won't compare it to the MCU, cause that is just mean.

The film is clunky and the pacing a big off, but who ever did the editing saved this movie. You can see this movie could have been longer and have a much worse pacing. We are left with a film that works very well and then alts a bit, and then picks up the pace, and then alts a bit... But the parts that work are really good. Some of the fights scene are nice.

The power level of WW is off too compared to BvS. From the power she gained at the end of the film when it is revealed she is a goddess, makes you wonder if 100 years later, with better mastery and practice, she could have kicked Doomsday's butt easily. Hopefully, they just didn't know what sort of power level they wanted to give her. Unfortunately, I think she'll just be less powerful in Justice League films cause she'd be too powerful for the group. If it is the case it is gonna be annoying.

The plot had some real good moments (she realize killing the baddy doesn't make humans better morally), some plot holes (one night of sailing and your in London?), and some serious WTF moments (getting into German high command is just very easy). Again this makes for an uneven movie.

Maybe with a less naive WW and no need for a origin story, future WW films will be better, but this is definitely a good direction for the DCEU.

Ed Laprade

First Post
A warning. If you know anything about WWI, and care, prepare to grind your teeth a lot. Fortunately, I knew better than to expect any kind of accuracy (their Ludendorf looks nothing like him), so ignoring it allowed me to see it as a good movie. So, no real complaints, and nice job done by all.

Ryujin

Legend
This was a HUGE step up for the DCCU. The Grim-dark was largely gone. The air of Hope is back in. Yeah, there are holes. Yes, there are historical inaccuracies. I don't really care. We're talking alternate universe here, so blind adherence to history would be rather meaningless in the long run. I don't even care that they went with WWI instead of WWII, as the original comics did. They made it work.

All in all I would say that if DC sticks with this model and continues to improve upon it, they'll finally find the formula that works for them.

ccs

41st lv DM
Saw it last night. It was pretty good. Certainly DCs best big screen effort in a long time.

The power level of WW is off too compared to BvS. From the power she gained at the end of the film when it is revealed she is a goddess, makes you wonder if 100 years later, with better mastery and practice, she could have kicked Doomsday's butt easily. Hopefully, they just didn't know what sort of power level they wanted to give her. Unfortunately, I think she'll just be less powerful in Justice League films cause she'd be too powerful for the group. If it is the case it is gonna be annoying.

I'm not too worried about this. There's 100 years in between this story & BvS. Anything could've happened in that time to syphon off some of that power. Might make a good future movie. Heck, maybe going nova at the end to beat Ares did it.... Or maybe in BvS she's just rusty. Batman was afterall, so why not WW?

The plot had some real good moments (she realize killing the baddy doesn't make humans better morally), some plot holes (one night of sailing and your in London?), and some serious WTF moments (getting into German high command is just very easy).

I think you've got those reversed....:)
BUT!

1) MAGIC. We're never told where movie Thymescera/Paradise Island is. Maybe it IS just one days sail away from London. Or maybe you sail away from it & you're magically 1 day away from wherever you want to be? We are afterall watching a movie concerning Greek gods, magic, & a super-hero made from clay.

2) Action Movie. It's ALWAYS been easy for the heroes to find, infiltrate, (& usually escape!) enemy bases. Doesn't matter if your WW + friends, Indiana Jones, SW characters, Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers, 007, or anyone else. If you're the good guy....
That's not a WTF moment, that's how this works.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I'm not too worried about this. There's 100 years in between this story & BvS. Anything could've happened in that time to syphon off some of that power. Might make a good future movie. Heck, maybe going nova at the end to beat Ares did it.... Or maybe in BvS she's just rusty. Batman was afterall, so why not WW?
They say they want to make WW movie that happen after Justice League. We won't see the depowering. But honestly, I just think we'll levels of power that fluctuate depending on the need of the writers. Lame.

1) MAGIC. We're never told where movie Thymescera/Paradise Island is. Maybe it IS just one days sail away from London. Or maybe you sail away from it & you're magically 1 day away from wherever you want to be? We are afterall watching a movie concerning Greek gods, magic, & a super-hero made from clay.
Steve would have been surprised in that case. It all seemed pretty normal to him. The climate difference between England and Thymescera doesn't point toward them being close. Thing is, there problably were more scenes shot on the boat, but they were cut cause the film and first act were already too long.

2) Action Movie. It's ALWAYS been easy for the heroes to find, infiltrate, (& usually escape!) enemy bases. Doesn't matter if your WW + friends, Indiana Jones, SW characters, Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers, 007, or anyone else. If you're the good guy....
That's not a WTF moment, that's how this works.
The level of threat is usually higher and the movie is usually based around that infiltration, so there is a lot of tension around it. They wanted to cram so much into this film, they had to make it way too easy for them to slip in. Lame.

Remove ads