• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wondering which leader to dabble in

bobthehappyzombie

First Post
Re: Sune's Touch, it does seem that the only precondition is that you spend a healing surge. Since you do that when using Lay on Hands, it seems like it would work. It could also work when you use a power that makes you spend a healing surge, like one of the paladin dailies. But I guess that should be a question you ask your DM, because it might not be the intent of the power.
adding 2 x Cha + half my level to healing does look promsing, the other Heartwarder powers look pretty nifty as well.
If it were me, I'd wait a month until PHBII came out and multiclass into Bard. Put that good Cha score to good use, that way.

Encouraging others to consider MCing into Leaders would also help. In a party without a dedicated healer, everyone should take some responsibility for doing so. And your role as Defender is extra important in such a case, as you can lessen or prevent damage ahead of time (or route it to where it hurts least).

Now that is an idea... I hadn't even considered a bard.

I figure a paldin of Sune heartwarder bard could be lots of fun to play and still fulfill some healing duties.

nittanytbone

First Post
Here's the good news -- your character Minored in leadership at the Paladin Academy already. A leader MC feat gets you Healing Word 1x/day, of course, and more importantly, you can swap out your atrocious level 2 utility power, but as far as "leaderish" things to do I don't think you'll beat Shielding Smite and Invigorating Smite in Heroic Tier.

I'd say, pick up a MC feat based on whatever Utility 2 powers look best to you. Either the cleric or warlord one will give you a healing word 1x/day. Warlord also gives you a useful skill!

If, by the high-heroic tier (Level 8-10ish) it seems like your party needs yet more healing, then consider Hospitaler. With your high WIS, you'll have plenty of Lay on Hands (grab Durable if you need it to fuel surges). Hospitalers have a sick amount of healing, and their mark is very potent.
If you go this route, a Warlock MC feat could also be very useful for Eyebite (grab a Master's Wand of Eyebite from AV, too) -- it practically forces monsters to defy your mark, which triggers a batch of healing for an ally.

If, on the other hand, it seems like things are in hand, then you can go whichever path you want. You can retrain that MC feat around level 9 or 10 to a new class to ensure you qualify for your PP of choice.

I'd also suggest having your team look at the Healer's Sash (or belt; its an AV item). Its basically a canned Healing Word, 1x/encounter.

Remove ads