D&D 5E Wonders of the Multiverse survey is up

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I told them that I don't like have to track separate users per day for lots of little things. Coming from races, subclasses, feats. It adds bookkeeping and slows down the game with decision paralysis. Things like Superiority Dice or Sorcery Points are one currency for multiple things, not nearly as bad.

I also said that if you are going to have a limited usage ability, make it meaningful so that even if it only happens 2-3 times per day it feels like it's one of your character's defining points. Many of these things are "add an extra d8 of damage PROF times a day" that are just boring even if somewhat effective.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
What did you ask for? Was it related to Wonders of the Multiverse?
aside from the basic feedback I had for the stuff, in the additional stuff box at the end I asked for something big like a new class or something on that scale nothing specific as much as I want a psion I would take something that feels new and fresh.

the classes in dnd are now well-worn ideas to me save monk and anything different to show some originality past races, is a good idea for me, plus eberron gave us artificers why not make the new setting give us something of equal value?

darjr

I crit!
I told them that I don't like have to track separate users per day for lots of little things. Coming from races, subclasses, feats. It adds bookkeeping and slows down the game with decision paralysis. Things like Superiority Dice or Sorcery Points are one currency for multiple things, not nearly as bad.

I also said that if you are going to have a limited usage ability, make it meaningful so that even if it only happens 2-3 times per day it feels like it's one of your character's defining points. Many of these things are "add an extra d8 of damage PROF times a day" that are just boring even if somewhat effective.
Yes, this is a large part of my feedback as well. I think they’ll hear a lot of this.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics

boring but effective is nothing compared to awesome and super effective.

kapars

Adventurer
I always ask for new weapon feats and more Ki for Monks, not expecting to get that but at least they know it’s my feedback :) The “more Ki” guy likes Cartomancer

Yeah a good example of this kind of nickle-and-dime design is the Goblin "Fury of the Small" ability, which allows you to proficiency bonus damage, proficiency times a day, only to creatures larger than you, only once a turn. They've got you tracking something doing truly tiny damage (WOO 2 points twice a day LOOK OUT!!!!), and having to follow strict rules about its usage, and it's really just like, why bother? Why not make it conditional so you don't have to track usage? Or just make it do noticeable damage (I guess at the very high end +6 isn't terrible, it's about 1d6+1d4, but sheesh)? Or drop the conditions so you can at least burst it out and forget about it?

To be clear, Goblin is a perfectly good race - Nimble Escape is great! Darkvision and Fey Ancestry are solid, so no complaints power-wise, but why make people track that? It's actually worse than going off Short Rest, because at least 1 per Short Rest means no real tracking, just binary "did you use it or not"?

There's been a number of similar abilities of late, and yeah the UA was full of them, and they just need to stop, or make a universal resource.

Remove ads