D&D 5E working around spirit guardians and Booming Blade

Adb0782

Explorer
Hello everyone,
im searching the best way to use Spirit Guardians with the Bladetrips.
In the beginning i went to check everything about arcana cleric, because i though it would be easier start from a cleric that already can get the bladetrips, i even thought to get shillelagh via magic initiate for more SADness, but honestly it can give some problem with action eonomy. Everyhting seem work fine, but that 19 AC make me think he gonna use his action for dodge kinda often (probably always). So i tryed to go other way: 1 divine sorcerer/1 hexblade/5 divine sorcerer/2 hexblade/x divine sorcerer. In this way it grab the bladetrips, shield and absorb element spells, it become totally SAD with only CHA to bump and without affecting the action economy in any bad way, and it will get also grasp of hadar for bring back things in the SG area and devil sight (good because he is a Vhuman).

Stat are 8 str, 14 dex, 16 con, 8 int, 10 wis, 16 cha

feats: warcaster as Vhuman, than +2 cha, telekinetic (cha), fey touched (cha)

(Im considering also go for a more balanced 8, 14, 12, 8, 15, 16, as it anyway have advantage from warcaster and proficiency on con saves, but this mean the feats must change. warcaster, +2 cha, telekinetic (wis), +2 cha, or get resilient (wis) instead than telekinetic, the HP would be growth via Aid and false life. Which way you would go?)

Impotant spells: SG and the bladetrips of course, command and edricht blast.

The action economy would be normally: turn one spirit guardians, turn two BB attack + push 5 ft far from me the target via telekinetic (or healing word, or quicken BB or eldricht blast or even mirror image), if he want to attack me he must move and trigger BB additional damage (if he is a melee character, this work only against melee), turn three comand for make they leave my menacing area and get a BB opportunity attack + quicken spell BB. If they try to leave the spirit guardian area than i have eldricht blast with grasp of hadar as a reaction that in my turn i can quicken if needed, and he can even dodge and still attack with BB as a bonus action quickening BB.

I will not grab spiritual weapon as if this guy want to deal damage with a bonus action he can just quicken BB and do better than SW.

Bonus action economy will situationally be used for healing word, telekinetic, or quicken one between BB and eldricht blast or mirrror image.

Reactions: shield, absorb elements or BB OA.

I touhgt also about a similar build but with a lore bard, lightning lure and Spiritual Weapon, as the bard dont have sorcery points for quicken and i wont use a 2nd lv hexblade for grasp of hadar as SG already enter larer: 1 hexblade/lore bard 6 get everything it need.

Which you do think would work better?

ECMO3

Hero
Hello everyone,
im searching the best way to use Spirit Guardians with the Bladetrips.
In the beginning i went to check everything about arcana cleric, because i though it would be easier start from a cleric that already can get the bladetrips, i even thought to get shillelagh via magic initiate for more SADness, but honestly it can give some problem with action eonomy. Everyhting seem work fine, but that 19 AC make me think he gonna use his action for dodge kinda often (probably always). So i tryed to go other way: 1 divine sorcerer/1 hexblade/5 divine sorcerer/2 hexblade/x divine sorcerer. In this way it grab the bladetrips, shield and absorb element spells, it become totally SAD with only CHA to bump and without affecting the action economy in any bad way, and it will get also grasp of hadar for bring back things in the SG area and devil sight (good because he is a Vhuman).

Stat are 8 str, 14 dex, 16 con, 8 int, 10 wis, 16 cha

feats: warcaster as Vhuman, than +2 cha, telekinetic (cha), fey touched (cha)

(Im considering also go for a more balanced 8, 14, 12, 8, 15, 16, as it anyway have advantage from warcaster and proficiency on con saves, but this mean the feats must change. warcaster, +2 cha, telekinetic (wis), +2 cha, or get resilient (wis) instead than telekinetic, the HP would be growth via Aid and false life. Which way you would go?)

Impotant spells: SG and the bladetrips of course, command and edricht blast.

The action economy would be normally: turn one spirit guardians, turn two BB attack + push 5 ft far from me the target via telekinetic (or healing word, or quicken BB or eldricht blast or even mirror image), if he want to attack me he must move and trigger BB additional damage (if he is a melee character, this work only against melee), turn three comand for make they leave my menacing area and get a BB opportunity attack + quicken spell BB. If they try to leave the spirit guardian area than i have eldricht blast with grasp of hadar as a reaction that in my turn i can quicken if needed, and he can even dodge and still attack with BB as a bonus action quickening BB.

I will not grab spiritual weapon as if this guy want to deal damage with a bonus action he can just quicken BB and do better than SW.

Bonus action economy will situationally be used for healing word, telekinetic, or quicken one between BB and eldricht blast or mirrror image.

Reactions: shield, absorb elements or BB OA.

I touhgt also about a similar build but with a lore bard, lightning lure and Spiritual Weapon, as the bard dont have sorcery points for quicken and i wont use a 2nd lv hexblade for grasp of hadar as SG already enter larer: 1 hexblade/lore bard 6 get everything it need.

Which you do think would work better?
Of these two, I like the Arcana cleric idea better.

A third option though, and one that would be more powerful I think, is to go with a cleric that gets heavy armor and take a 1-level dip in sorcerer for the blade trips, shield and absorb elements. This gets you lots of cantrips (2 sorcerer cantrips plus both blade cantrips), heavy armor and defensive reaction spells so you don't need to run a high constitution. It also gets you to spirit guardians quicker than the other multiclass builds.

Go 16 str, 8 Dex, 12 Con, 10 Int, 13 Charisma.

I really like tempest cleric for this due to the bonuses and synergy that go with booming blade. For the sorcerer subclass storm is probably best thematically, but divine soul or aberrant mind are probably better mechanically.

Remove ads