• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World Builders (Group 2)

Spontorus

First Post
welcome everyone, well you all know the rules, you have 50 points to start with, 2 points to pitch and 1 point to support, veto's are free.

A rule I added, considering we don't treat pitches as fact, you can ignore someone elses pitch and post a pitch that would conflict with it otherwise. But, if the other erson's pitch becomes fact before yours, your pitch becomes void, it is automatically vetoed, and you do not recieve your points.

Let's get started shall we? I even made a nifty little log, to track progress.

[Nightbreeze]
Turn Order: 1st
Pitches: 2
Succesful World Facts: 0
Insuccesful World Facts: 2
Facts Vetoed: 0
Facts Supported: 1

[Awakened]
Turn Order: 2nd
Pitches: 0
Insuccesful World Facts: 0
Facts Supported: 0

[Spontorus]
Turn Order: 3rd
Pitches: 1
Insuccesful World Facts: 1
Facts Vetoed: 1
Facts Supported: 2

[Warshrike]
Turn Order: 4th
Succesful World Facts: 1

[Asmor]
Turn Order: 5th
Insuccesful World Facts: 1

[|)ragon|2eborn]
Turn Order: 6th

Bold players are active. (posted in last 48 hours)

Our Current World

Green = succesful Facts
Blue = Pitches yet to be confirmed.
Yellow = Approved pitches, awaiting 48 hour timeout.
Red = Conflicting Pitches

[sblock]

The world orbits the sun, but does not rotate (much like our own moon), therefore, one hemisphere is eternally light (barring the infrequent lunar eclipses) causing plantlife to grow to gigantic proportions, so much so that most races live upon the higher canopies and few (Dwarves excepted) have ever seen the ground. To be noted is that the canopies are so thick that they are basicly solid ground, creating several layers of vast green plains, that get darker the farther down one travels. The other hemisphere is eternally dark, but with enough moon and star light to see by. The dark side would of course be colder and more barren. Snow and tundra would be predominant here. The hemispheres could be named Tropix and Frostfall.
[01/08/08 06:18 PM Pitch #3]

In the mountains of deepest Frostfall, lives an ancient being. Ezarioth tires of the unending darkness and perpetual cold, and he lusts for the warms and light of Tropix. He lurks in his mountain capital of Darkveil, building his army so that one day, he may finally have the realm he so wants. He has already made one attempt at a coup, and near defeated the free peoples of Hara'neth (name of our world), but it has long faded into myth and obscurity. Now, the people of Tropix, and those of Frostfall who do not fall under the dominion of Ezarioth do not know of the dangers that lurk within the heart of the dark side of the planet.
[01/16/08 03:36 AM Pitch #6

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Nightbreeze

First Post
I'd like you to use that first post to keep track on the facts, too :D

So, pitch one:

This world is close to it's sun, it's axis is slightly more tilted that that of a normal world and it takes 579 days to complete its voyage around the sun. Because of that, generally the temperature is high, and plant growth is amazing: even the smallest tree is as long as the greatest know in earth, while tropical trees can get beyond 1000m. However, because of its tilted axis, seasons became more and more extreme as we move towards the poles: hottest summers and coldest winters. Thankfully, the transition between hot and cold is not extreme, due to the long year.

I took the first pitch from the other campaign, and modified it a little bit. From now on, feel free to make different suggestions :)

Spontorus

First Post
hmmm i like it, not enough to support it, but enough to not veto it.

EDIT: I added a new rule that will help us eliminate conflicting pitches. also where is everyone else?

Last edited:

Asmor

First Post
Spontorus said:
hmmm i like it, not enough to support it, but enough to not veto it.

I'm just the opposite... I'm not a fan of it, but I don't dislike it enough to veto it. I can live with it.

Remove ads