World Cup Thread?

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
As it is, it's only the second time we've had a team outside of CONMEBOL or UEFA anywhere in the top 4. South Korea nabbed 4th in 2002. Morocco winning the 3rd place match would be the highest place of any team outside the two major confederations in history.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
So I don't normally cotton to conspiracy theories, but I did find this funny.

The World Cup is being hosted by Qatar.
The final consists of Argentina and France.
The two best players on those teams ... the star players ... are Messi and Mbappe.
Messi and Mbappe play for PSG.
PSG is owned by ... Qatar.

Do I believe this means anything? Naw. After all, the Qatari team crashed out in spectacular fashion. And it's not like Qatar is either getting great press in general, or more specifically in the EU right now (hey ... speaking of bribery ....).

Still, it's kind of funny.

Horwath

Legend
So I don't normally cotton to conspiracy theories, but I did find this funny.

The World Cup is being hosted by Qatar.
The final consists of Argentina and France.
The two best players on those teams ... the star players ... are Messi and Mbappe.
Messi and Mbappe play for PSG.
PSG is owned by ... Qatar.
some talk that referees we on Argentina/France side a little. Especially penalty vs. Croatia, but Croatia did play badly most of the game.

Do I believe this means anything? Naw. After all, the Qatari team crashed out in spectacular fashion. And it's not like Qatar is either getting great press in general, or more specifically in the EU right now (hey ... speaking of bribery ....).
Qatar team was so horrible that probably more than 20 U-21 national teams would trash them.

Well, everyone know that they payed bribe to get to host WC2022.
Still, it's kind of funny.
conspiracies always are, unless you believe too much into them.

Horwath

Legend

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases