D&D 5E World of Farland Now Embraces Asian, African, and Indian Cultures

The World of Farland has been online thoughout various iterations of D&D for as long as I've been running this website. So, about 20 years. It's a dark D&D setting, ruled by evil lords based on the Seven Deadly Sins, with an tmosphere a bit like if Lord of the Rings had gone the other way. The new Realms Under Shadow hardcover supplement introduces new locations which are not dependent on European mythology. I've been sent a few previews to share!

284609.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

The World of Farland, conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin, has been online for nearly 20 years. It's a best-seller here at DTRPG. But the setting has focused on European-style fantasy up to this point. That changes now...

The evil Wintervale has conquered the continent of Farland. But other lands lie south and east of the Wintervale. Some of these exotic realms are allied with the Shadow and some resist it, but either way, they have been affected by it. These are the Realms Under Shadow...

The Realms Under Shadow are fantastic places reminiscent of the medieval cultures of Asia, Africa (including egypt), and India. This campaign supplement allows you to play a game that is not in the vein of the traditional European style fantasy. Adventure in diverse and amazing places. Battle characters and monsters that are a far cry from your usual RPG experience. This book is compatible with the 5th edition of the World's most popular RPG and is a supplement to The World of Farland Campaign Setting, although it can certainly be used on its own.

This 235 page campaign supplement includes:
  • Detailed write-ups on many unique and diverse cultures
  • 14 new PC races
  • New player options, including 15 new class archetypes and paths; feats; and equipment
  • Calendars and gods
  • New Languages
  • Tons of adventure hooks
  • Important NPCs and locations
  • Seventeen new monsters
  • A full length adventure set in the Realms Under Shadow
  • Much more!
  • All exclusive new content that will never appear on the website.
This book comes with two maps of the geography, and it is now available in standard color hardcover and gorgeous premium color hardcover!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Who is it up to then?
I would be inclined to seek the counsel of those being dressed up as, rather than those doing the dressing up. Seems perfectly reasonable to me. I mean, you get visibly distressed when British chefs attempt American cooking — this is that times ten.

Celebrim

Legend
I would be inclined to seek the counsel of those being dressed up as, rather than those doing the dressing up. Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

So, like if my one friend said, "Heh, that's cool.", would that be good enough? Do they need to be full blooded or would half-blooded do? What about a quarter? One ancestor on the Dawes roll? Does it need to be a tribal elder, though? Maybe a chief?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So, like if my one friend said, "Heh, that's cool.", would that be good enough? Do they need to be full blooded or would half-blooded do? What about a quarter? One ancestor on the Dawes roll? Does it need to be a tribal elder, though? Maybe a chief?
What in God’s name are you talking about?

Sadras

Legend
And how many would need to be consulted? What if half said yes and the other half said no? I mean entire nations cannot even agree if they want or don't want the president or should they stay of leave the European Union. I mean seeking consensus on this (or any topic) is just a fool's errand that is why it is best left to the person who wants to dress up to make up his/her mind who they want to go as. One mind, one vote.

Celebrim

Legend
I mean, you get visibly distressed when British chefs attempt American cooking — this is that times ten.

You continue to misunderstand the source of my 'distress', something that I thought you apologized over, yet here it is again.

And while we are at it, in my house we wouldn't invoke the name of God vainly. I have no authority to make you stop, but while we are on this subject you seem confused about, and since you don't seem to understand my questions, whose sensitivities matter here?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You continue to misunderstand the source of my 'distress', something that I thought you apologized over, yet here it is again.

And while we are at it, in my house we wouldn't invoke the name of God vainly. I have no authority to make you stop, but while we are on this subject you seem confused about, and since you don't seem to understand my questions, whose sensitivities matter here?
I don’t understand any of that. Could you rephrase? :)
But to clarify the rules, please keep your religion off the site. Thanks!

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
Like, just literally Google "my culture is not a costume" for just an endless parade of takes on why dressing up as a culture is a bad idea, primarily written by members of the cultures in question. This isn't really new, or rare, or even all that controversial anymore. I'm not entirely certain why it ever was to begin with.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases