• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World of Low'verok

Ferrix

Explorer
Virgil muses.

OOC: Don't forget you get the Inspire Courage bonuses for another 5 rounds, +1 to morale bonus to attack and damage, +1 morale bonus against fear

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Elexia continues to ride Charity in the direction the Owlbear flies. She has no idea what she will be able to do but she cannot abandon Bridgette. *Laylyn is there anything you can do to help her?* the white mother thinks to her magical dove.

Shar rouses from her thoughts and curses as she watches the owlbear fly away. Ignoring the smaller monsters for a moment, she snatches another dagger and throws it, attempting to hit the monster - realizing even as she throws that it is a long shot, but wanting to do something to help her companion.

{OOC:
I am assuming that it is out of reach of melee.
Dagger +7, Critical 19-20/x2, Damage: 1d4+2
Inspire Courage bonuses included.
}

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Pottofer gasps at the effects his spell has created, and quickly dismisses the effects. He meant it to attack his enemies, not his friends! He runs forward, desperate to do something, but not sure what. Brigitte continues to struggle and scream in the owlbear's grasp, but its arms are long and its strength is prodigeous. Shar sets herself and flings her dagger, but the distance is too far, and the dagger falls short. Abdul and his riders stop their shooting, setting their bows back in their cases, a grim expression on their faces.

Drax's steps forward, shaking off Pottofer's words and slashes one of the small monstrosities deeply. With a strange popping sound, it collapses into a pair of clear, egg-shaped stones. Elexia continues to charge forward on Charity. Mother, I think I can follow them from the air. My heart will touch yours, and I will tell you what happens to her, even if you cannot see her, Laylan whispers, and takes to the air to follow the owlbear. Virgil snaps out of his daze, and continues his song. Gaoi turns the wand on the last creature, firing off a stinking green arrow that melts the creature into a single clear stone. The owlbear flies off into the sky, rapidly gaining speed and receeding into the sky.

Abdul turns to the others and shakes his head. "I am sorry about your friend. You have only a few choices. Follow her and attempt to rescue her from the Forbidden Lands, a feat no one has ever accomplished, with only your own skills. Or to go to Benshay and attempt to use what magics they know there to help you in your hopeless quest," he says in tones of doom.

OOC - Pottofer advances. Brigitte attempts to free herself but fails. Shar misses with a 10. Abdul and the Bedine riders hold their fire. Drax fells one little creature. Elexia charges on. Virgil delays. Gaoi fells another with with Melf's acid arrow. The owlbear flies on very swiftly.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
With a sinking feeling, Brigitte watches as the figures of her companions become smaller and smaller. It looked like she was on her own. Taking a deep breath, she ceased her struggles, having realized that she could not escape the owlbears grasp. Besides, they were rather high up at the moment, and she did not want to have to deal with the drop. No, it was probably better to save her strength. She kept a tight grip upon her swords, and prayed for strength to any deity that happened to be listening. The owlbear had to release her sometime… and when it did, she was determined to fight back, or die trying.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Elexia

*Fly on beloved. Do what you can to help Bridgette. We will follow as best we can.* The white Mother thinks to Laylyn.

She stops Charty's charge and returns to the group. Her crook leveled at Pottofer. "What were you thinking? Enspelling your comrades? You are possessed!"
She thinks for a moment and says, "Shar, Drax please bind and gag him. we can no longer trust this man."

Shar shakes her head and resheaths Starlight.

"Was he truly trying to bespell us, White Mother? He was only preaching the benefits of peace - a worthy goal, although not one that our enemies seem to share."

Shar turns toward the rest of the group and crosses her arms. "Perhaps we should let him explain his choice of actions?"

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
Draxiksus male Lizardfolk Ranger lvl2

White Mother, if you sssay it mussst be ssso, I will.

Drax looks a little sad, as he begins to take a couple extra straps from his harness, and moves slowly to Pottofer. Looking back at Elexia for any change in her stance on the subject.

My friend, I would not like to fight you in thisss.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Pottofer hands his head. "I'm right sorry Muther. I was jes tryin' to git those critters t' listen t' me! I thought they would be listenin' t' me, not you!" he exclaims, waving his hands.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Alnaria! I need your wisdom! Elexia thinks to herself. "What made you think that prayer would work on animals? Bridgette is gone and in the hands of the enemy, All due to your spell." Elexia's lovely face is a mask of rage and horror. How could she be so unprepared for this. Why didn't she make them rest and prepare like she suggested.

She practicaly falls off charity and slumps to the ground weeping.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads