World of Warcraft: Dragonflight

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I messed around with it in the beta. It’s not bad, but I didn’t love it for healing.
I think the dracthyr are more fun for their racials. Their flying is great fun. I'll probably play one as an alt for this expansion and then leave it parked in the Dragon Isles. (I'm weird and put my characters in the places that make the most sense for them -- my death knight is staying in Maldraxxus, for instance.)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
We hit level 70 over the weekend. It amuses me that I haven't heard anyone demanding to fly regular mounts yet this expansion (I'm sure it'll be unlocked at some point -- I feel like there was a Wowhead article about that during alpha or beta), but I wonder what Blizzard is going to do. They've painted themselves into a corner here. Either we can do dragonflying after this expansion, or we're going to hear nothing but complaints about flying sucking forever more.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
We hit level 70 over the weekend. It amuses me that I haven't heard anyone demanding to fly regular mounts yet this expansion (I'm sure it'll be unlocked at some point -- I feel like there was a Wowhead article about that during alpha or beta), but I wonder what Blizzard is going to do. They've painted themselves into a corner here. Either we can do dragonflying after this expansion, or we're going to hear nothing but complaints about flying sucking forever more.

If I can never get on another normal flying mount, that would be great. I want dragon riding in the old zones.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I'm wondering how they do that.

Do they require everyone to play through Dragonflight to get the 11.0 pre-patch quest to use dragonflying everywhere, with all flying mounts (look out for those corkscrewing flying horse mounts!)? That runs counter to their goal of not forcing anyone to do older content in order to not be gimped. (Compare to EverQuest, where you have to do more than a dozen expansions' worth of outdated content to keep up with the Joneses.)

Do they have dracthyr pop up beside all flying trainers in the old world in 11.0 and teach everyone dragonflying from the get-go?

Because, yeah, I have a lot of flying mounts I love, but it's hard to see flying even a kick-ass slyvern (and slyvern are amazing) when I could be bombing around at 900% speed.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases