World of Warcraft open beta signups live--sort of!

Angcuru

First Post
Well, my patience has run out. Just subscribed, and I'm now downloading at 372K/s, oh yeah! Will post character information when I'm all set up.

Last edited:

Angcuru

First Post
Well, it's all installed, updated ect. But there don't seem to be any servers/realms/whatever to play on. Are they doing maintenence, or have I been gipped?

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Angcuru, you managed to log on just as they're installing the final patch--and it's a beauty, including racial traits! I'm trying now to log on, but having difficulty.

Captain, I didn't actually transfer the file from work to home: by the time I got it at work, that evening I finished the home download. However, I think that many CD-burning programs will automatically divide a large file up into multiple CDs for you; someone more tech-savvy than myself will have to explain.

Angcuru, or anyone else, if you play a character who uses cloth armor in the Horde on server 13, send a message to Aghund: I'm doing a lot of tailoring, and will either give you sweet equipment for free (or for whatever donation you'd like to make), as an ENWorld special :).

Daniel

Captain Tagon

First Post
Yeah, I got it burned on to four CDs but I unzipped the original file then had to individually rezip certain files and stuff. Lots of work but well worth it. I played at home and it worked find, just has some graphics problems. I'm installing Direct X right now on my school comp so I'll have it up and running tonight to see if it works. Right now I'm playing a Dwarf Hunter on Server 16, but I might have to make a Horde character on 13 to get free stuff off my fellow Western Carolinian.

mattcolville

Adventurer
Maybe it's because I've been playing the game for the last 9 months, but honestly, I'd wait on the Beta. I mean, the game goes LIVE in 2 weeks. I'd save yourself the trouble of A: downloading and then B: playing for two weeks only to start over again.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Oh, and Matt, I totally think you're saying that because you've been playing for months :). I'm one of the goobers that paid an extra eight bucks to get into the game seven days early.

Blizzard has said that the open beta will be the same core game as the one you buy in the box come retail; although you'll need to buy the gamebox in order to get a key for playing it, you won't need to reinstall or re-download the game if you're in the beta.

Daniel

EricNoah

Adventurer
I got WOW.exe but it can't run because it is apparently missing other files. Which probably isn't surprising. So I'm not sure it helped. :) I have heard rumors that the recent patch may push back the start of the open beta...

Remove ads