World of Warcraft open beta signups live--sort of!

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
:D It's freakin' gorgeous, ain't it?

Lemme know your character name, and if you're Horde, I'll add you to my friends list.
Daniel

Dreeble

First Post
Heya:

Blizzard always makes such incredible cutscenes. I really loved the motion of the bear and its fur. Just great.

I signed up at Fileplanet Monday night and 20 hours later got my key. Download from Fileplanet servers took a little over 2 hours. It downloaded at 350kbps, I think.

I started on PvP East 4 on the Horde side as a Trolly Shammy (named Dreeble, of course). I like the troll voices (hoot mon). It's a super friendly game to people new to mmogs, I think. I played EQ for a long time and it's much, much easier getting in to this. I just turn a big circle in towns looking for all the mobs with big "!"s above their heads and it's off to the races.

There are tons and tons of quests, but I'd really like to start seeing more types of quests in these games. Something along the lines of an investigation (murder or whatever). Maybe borrow stuff from the Clue boardgame, randomize stuff so online guides don't lead to the only answer, and if you keel the right person (always gotta be keeling) then you get a good quest reward, otherwise, oops. Stuff along those lines.

Love the Warcrafty-style cartoon graphics, love the "Zugzug". I'm wondering if any Night Elf female NPCs say, "I'm not in season!"

Take care,
Dreeble

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Okay, double-checked my character's name: Aghund, on Server 13, an orc warlock.

Have y'all started using the auction house? As soon as you've got a bit of coin, check it out: I discovered, belatedly, that it's a fantastic source of cheap, great equipment. Far far better than what you can get from the vendors in-game. I'm now trying to sell my first item on the AH.

Also, if you're playing Horde and you find yourself in Sen'jin village, talk to the witch-doctor in training. It's hilarious.

Daniel

Thanee

First Post
Pielorinho said:
Thanee, I'm afraid that you may not be eligible for this open beta if you're in Germany; my understanding is that they're restricting this OB to American and Korean servers, and won't be opening the European ones for another few months. Sorry! :(
That's sooo mean! :eek:

How can they do that to us! ;)

Bye
Thanee

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Sorry, friend! It does look like they'll be releasing it in Europe "Shortly following" the 11/23 release in Australia, New Zealand, and the US. And there's a closed beta still going on in Europe; I'm not sure if or when they'll be doing an open beta for y'all.

Daniel

Angcuru

First Post
I don't think I want to pay extra cash to start playing a week or two earlier. Plus Fileplanet is on my hate list. So I'll just wait for the final release.

So, once it's out for retail, howzabout we all here at ENWorld play on a specific server, so that we can all team up for fun-time goodness?

Captain Tagon

First Post
Well, one reason I'm playing the beta is to see how well the game runs on my dial up connection. Better to shell out a few bucks and see for sure than either totally missing out on a game I can still play or not buy the retail version if I can't play.

Remove ads