World of Warcraft open beta signups live--sort of!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
ShadowX said:
I could not find anything here that was original or fresh over the benchmark of MMORPG, Dark Age of Camelot.
You can get up to 50 percent of your XP per level from quests alone in DAoC (not including miscellaneous monster whacking during said quest)?

It's a new one on me, and I think it's a major difference between it and other MMORPGs. Instead of a game centered around killing 10,000 whatevers to get the next level, the smart way to go is to go engage in the storyline instead.

Lordy, I can't think of something that would be a BIGGER deal.

And, since you're a DAoC player, doesn't having the ability to actually GO to the opposite faction's land, instead of entering a no man's land limbo to see them, have any appeal? An Alliance member can go adventure in the Wailing Caverns or Shadowfang Keep, for instance, instead of only having part of the world's content open to them. At the same time, though, there's the same sort of consensual PVP available (especially when the battlegrounds go live -- the leaked maps look AMAZING) that DAoC has, but with a lot more robust PVE game to start with than DAoC had at its launch (and, depending on who you ask, more robust than they have now).

Mystery Man

First Post
it ended too soon....

Well I had a lot of fun with that beta.

After the first of the year, I'll probably end up purchasing my first mmorpg game since Ultima Online!

Thanee

First Post
Ah, nice, they announced today, that they will make it possible for europeans to play on the US servers, too. :)

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads