• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Worst. Title. Evar.

reveal said:
That's a good book. :)

Seriously, I bought it and read it. It actually clarified a few things I didn't understand from the rules, since not everything is written clear enough for me. Also, I thought it was a book I could give my parents if they ever wanted to know about the "game I play." ;)

At least they recognize it as a game.....

I guess I really don't understand the level of offense going on in this thread.

It's a recognizable brand that started out with computer manuals (mostly), and then branched out into other aspects of life.

They cover an amazing array of topics, each titled X for Dummies. I'm talking things as diverse as mutual funds, foreign languages, starting a business, digital photography, card games, math, musical instruments, and medical issues.

They're clearly written, easy to grasp, and treat their subjects well.

I don't see anyone complaining about Diabetes for Dummies, or Nonprofit Kit for Dummies, or Grant Writing for Dummies. Heck, I've got VB6 DB Programming for Dummies and Access 2000 for Dummies on my desk right now. Is it because you're worried that someone who's depressed is going to take this book as a personal insult?

The "Dummies" series has been so over done that it is a joke. Thus now any subject used is "a joke".

I don't take offense to it. I just doubt I would ever buy it. I know FAR too much about the subject to buy one.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads