• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WoT Adventure] Turn 1

drothgery

First Post
<This is where the main line of the game starts. It's just moments before the beginning of the adventure in Chapter 15 of the rulebook. Tommorow, I'll really start things. I hope everyone's ready.>

The Wheel of Time turns, and ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the age that gave it birht comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose in the great forest called the Braem Wood.

South and west it blew, along the river Erinin, where it sped trade vessels down the river from Tar Valon all the way to Tear. Tar Valon's wealth had nearly as much to do with that trade as its status as the seat of Aes Sedai power; little trade between the borderlands and the south went on that did not pass through the city.

Further the west the wind blew, as the Caemlyn road led from Aringill to Andor's capital, where huge crowds had gathered to see the false Dragon Logain. Every inn in the city was full, or near enough, when three young women walked into the Golden Stag.

They were a mismatched group. The eldest of the three -- it was clear that she was the oldest of them, but not by much; all of them were young, if not too young to travel alone -- could have blended into crowd easily, even with her height; she was tall for a woman, but not so tall that claiming to be from Andor would be outlandish. And brown hair and eyes that marked her as pretty, but not a great beauty, were as typical as her dress, one that a successful merchant or a minor noble might wear.

The other two were barely younger, and dressed in much the same fashion, so it seemed odd that they deferred to the older woman. They did not have the look of servants; if they displayed a hair more wealth, anyone would have expected a maid or two with them. But they hardly looked alike. One was Domani by her features, and taller than most men; she had a hand of height on the older woman. The others' features marked her a borderlander; she was no shorter than most women, but she looked it, compared to her companions.

The older woman passed a few coins to the innkeeper, spoke to the younger women, and then left the inn.

Yuri, though, had given a start when the three women walked in. He recognized them. Two of them, anyway. And the third might pass for an Andoran in a crowd, but he had lived in Tar Valon for two years; you could tell a native of the city, if you knew what to look for, and to listen for. Even Aes Sedai didn't sound like people who grew up in the city. Unless they had, and that was rare enough.

His companions, the same men he'd diced with the previous night, couldn't help but notice Yuri give a start when he saw them.

<Pedron and Jain are also at the Golden Stag at this time. Jain isn't entirely sure how he passed the women; he was sure he didn't on the road.>
<Shalimar and Sirsei: Lila tells you to have dinner; she will be back in an hour or two. Also, along your ride to Caemlyn, she gave each of you a coin and told you to hold on to it, without explaining why.>

Last edited:

Enforcer

Explorer
Blood and flaming, bloody ashes! Both Shalimar and Sirsei! And undoubtedly a full-fledged sister to guide them on their trip away from the White Tower. Just when I thought I had gotten away...

Seeing Ashrem and Tomas stare at him, Yuri realizes that his reaction to seeing women from the Tower must've slipped through to his features.

"Just some women I know...I'm not exactly happy to see them here. They have friends who hurt me not too long ago..."

Yuri takes a long draw on his mug of ale and hopes that his new beard will be enough to hide his identity.

Last edited:

dscrank

First Post
Pedron watches the room carefully, looking for marks. A plain looking boy, few people even notice him, which is how he prefers it. He's left his rapier and shortbow in his room, since walking around armed draws attention. Especially now, when men fight each other based on the color with which they dress their swords. He has his knives, concealed on his person as well as he can hide them without the fancy sheaths that some of the cleverer thieves used.

He notes the three men who were dicing last night. Pedron usually wins at dice, but that's because he usually cheats. He didn't manage to purloin his uncle's weighted dice when he fled, though. He might still have taken part in the game if the stakes hadever reached an interesting level. He thought his anonymity worth more than the coin which changed hands. All in all, it was more fun watching them glare at each other than watching them dice.

I wonder whether any of them are really as dangerous as they tried to look, he is thinking when the women enter.

<If Pedron catches Yuri's reaction.>Thus he gets a good look at the Borderlander as he reacts to their entrance. Pedron follows the man's gaze and sees a collection of women as odd as the collection of men who watch them. He tries to hear what the Borderlander has to say, doing his best not to do anything that gives away his interest. (Listen skill check?)

<If Pedron misses Yuri's reaction.> He turns his head as the door opens and sees an eclectic group of women enter.

<Either way> The women look like merchants, although it's odd that a Borderlander and an Andoran would be working with a Domani. No matter. Merchants, wherever they come from, usually have something worth acquiring.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
dscrank said:
<If Pedron catches Yuri's reaction.>Thus he gets a good look at the Borderlander as he reacts to their entrance. Pedron follows the man's gaze and sees a collection of women as odd as the collection of men who watch them. He tries to hear what the Borderlander has to say, doing his best not to do anything that gives away his interest. (Listen skill check?)

Noticing an odd expression on the borderlander man's face, Pedron tries to listen on what he says next. He manages to hear Yuri <22 on Listen check>, but he doesn't have any idea what he means.

<FYI: Lila Sedai is too newly raised to have the Ageless Look. Yuri, knowing who the other two are, knows enough about the Tower to know that Lila pretty much has to be an Aes Sedai even if she doesn't look like one; the other men don't.

Also, as far as the recognition bit from the other thread...

Pedron, just by looking...
Recognizes Lord Tomas as a Tairen and a nobleman
Recognizes Ashrem as Ebou Dari
Recognizes Yuri as a Borderlander (but not specifically as Kandori)
Recognizes Shalimar as a Borderlander (but not specifically as Sheinaran)
Doesn't know what to make of Sirsei (Domani coloration and features, midlander clothes)
Recognizes Lila Sedai as a midlander (incorrectly)
>

Riding Dapple was fun but she was looking forward to a hot meal, and afterwards a bath. Winter being as cold as it has been has made travelling difficult. Even though this was nothing to a true borderland winter, but the mild weather of the soft southlands had made her less able to function in the cold
Shalimar walks over to the innkeeper that Lila Sedai was talking to.
"I require a hot meal, soup preferably, and I will require a bath in my room. I will be sitting with that gentleman over there." she says pointing at Jain.
She glides over to him smoothly and sits down at his table.
"Would you care to talk with me as I eat Jain, you were very quiet last time I saw you."
She nods at Yuri to show she saw him and mouths to him "We will talk later."

Last edited:

Jain hadlin

" ah, yes, um....I feal quite foolish about that." He flashes his most winning smile for a second, but lets it melt quickly away.
Don't try charm on her you, burned fool, just say your sorry.

He winces. "Look, Shalimar, it's not that i wasn't glad to see you after all this time...It's just....I'm sorry I was rude. It was wrong of me, and I am glad to see you." He smiles again this one genuine.

"What in the creators name were you doing in Aringill, for that matter why are you here?" His expression turns concerned.

"Are you ok? What about your family and the keep?If something happened, why the dark one himself won't stop me from getting vengance in thier name!"

She raises an eyebrow at him. "If something had happened, why would I be here and not there? No, everything is quite fine at home, well as far as last month anyway." she draws out every ounce of poise and seems to be looking down her nose at him ," I am here with Sirsei because the White tower has sent us here. And THAT is as much as you need to know about it. What I really want to know is why are you here?"

Valkys

First Post
Riding these last few days had been terribly exhausting for Sirsei, though enjoyable. She'd liked learning new skills and finally yesterday and today she'd been able to sit astride her mare without too much discomfort. This evening, she hardly felt anything, unlike that first night. She shuddered at the thought.

Sirsei listens to Lila's instructions while she contemplates the possibility of a weave to heat water. It seems so simple a thing to be able to do. She knows it will be on her mind until she solves the issue.

Sirsei smiles as she comes out of her thoughts at the mention of a hot bath, "Shalimar, I agree most completely."

She frowns at Shalimar though, when the woman mentions the White Tower. She clears her throat, "Right, well, let's talk about that some other time, hmm? There's a lot of catching up to do... later."

"I think soup and bread would be a fine meal this evening."

She coughs politely, "I'm sorry I've been such a poor travelling companion, Shalimar, Jain. I've been working over a few problems in my head. I'll try to pay a bit more attention, really. Can't solve a problem if it's a week passed when you realize you've got it, after all."

She frowns as she realizes she might not have made any sense, "Nevermind. Is that soup coming?"

"I, ah....I didn't mean to affend it's just i thought since you ah, left and went to the, ah...."Tower, that something bad happened. Oh burn me i can't say that! She's already mad, that would really get her in a fury! Jain frowns and inspests his fork.

"What am I doing here? Well thats a long story, I had some trouble in Cairhien, but honestly i don't want to think about it"He looks grim at this and pales a little. He looks older than when you last saw him."any way, I'm here looking for work, i was hoping to pick up some more training with the sword. That way I can maybe, get some work as a bodyguard." He looks up again and paints on a fake smile"I don't think I have much left to teach you, I don't suppose you and the other ladies need an escourt?"

Enforcer

Explorer
"We will talk later?" Sigh, I hope she doesn't try to convince me to come back to the Tower. Of course maybe I can convince her to tell me what happened to Tasha.

Remove ads