• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WoT Adventure] Turn 2 - Back at the Inn

Jain Hadlin

Blood and ashes, nothings gone right for me since Cairhien, if i didn't know better i would sware the creator is punishing me for what happened to that boy......

Jain, lost in thought, looks anguished for a moment and rubs his hand acrossed his chest.

When Ashrem speaks to jain he absintly nods to indicate he understands.

Logain........That creator burned fool is getting off easy. He probably doesn't even know how lucky he is....................Maybe i should just go get rapier right now and leave Caemlyn to the bloody trollocs! Right now i wish i could.

Jain just continues to lean there not saying anything entill it's time to depart.

Last edited:

Valkys

First Post
OOC: I started writing the post before Ashrem had posted. Sirsei followed, immediately, since she was planning on having words with Tomas. She got close enough to hear without interrupting, then said her piece. See the part where she follows them to the corner? She's not standing half a room away. But, I made the check, so I guess I'm happy.

And Sirsei isn't with Ashrem anymore. Not yet, anyway. Sorry for the misunderstanding in timing there.

Shalimar is standing outside next to the door facing awafy from Jain while waiting for the others to join her so they could leave. Her shouldes are sort of hunched over and she is staring at the ground in front of her. She is shaking in what looks like it could be a continuation of anger from inside, but it is not. when the others join her outside, she wipes her eyes and steps to the back of the group not really listening just folling behind them.

How could he say that? I thought we were friends. I probably shouldn't have hit him, but when he said that it just made me so angry I couldn't think. Maybe I should apologize. NO definately not until he does for saying those things about me

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Ashrem - Ever the diplomat.

Ashrem stepped up behind Shalimar. He was careful not to get close enough to see if she was crying. He didn't want to embarass her.

"Mistress Shalimar, I do hope you plan to join us. Your...abilities... have proved very usefull.", he said quietly so none passing by would overhear.

At that he turned and stared into the inn, waiting for the others to come out. He smiled as he saw Sersei back Lord Tomas into the corner. Lucky for him she doesn't wear a marriage knife. He'd be a dead man. Realizing where his thoughts where going he quickly wiped the smile from his face.

From where he came from women had the right to kill a man at the slightest offense. Ashrem knew how to step lightly around women.

Last edited:

Valara Saar

First Post
Shalimar here, forums hate me at the moment:

"of course I am coming Ashrem, you wouldn't be able to keep yourself out of trouble if I didn't" she says half heartedly going through the motions of what she had learned as a little girl from her mother, how to protect a man from himself. if he wasn't taken down a peg or two he might get himself into more trouble then he is worth and then where will you be then?

she looks up at him, tears still flowing down her face, its a measure of how upset she is that she allows him to see her upset. Her voice is trembling, "Was Jain right about me?"
She presses herself against him for support sobbing.

OOC: This was actually one of the three rings of the Ter'angreal the accepted had to pass through. It was the first one, she was very horrible to all of her freinds treating them as her slaves, and for her that was the most difficult to leave, a place where she was waited on hand and foot.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
A bit taken aback by her sudden confiding in him, he put his arm around her and led her around the side of the inn where none could see.

"Jain was just trying to make peace. Though I admit, he could have handled it a bit better. You are a strong woman. We can all see that. You have a demanding presence; we can see that as well. Sometimes that intimidates people and they act out in ways to make it seem that it doesn't.”

He smiled a bit. “If I didn’t know better, I would swear you where Ebou Dari. You remind me of how women are back home. Though I admit, a few have tried their best to slip steel between my ribs.” he added with an embarrassed grin.

“Women outside of Ebou Dar always seem to want men to look after them. I guess these men are used to that. However, you and Sersei seem very capable of defending yourselves. Maybe the others are having a hard time getting used to that.”

“I have heard that…Aes Sedai… seldom marry. Perhaps that is why.”

Burn me! Why am I making friends with this woman?

Last edited:

Jain Hadlin

[OOC: HURN! You're killin' me over here, i was all set to play indignant and you got to go and have her start cryin'. ARRRG!]

BLOOD AND BLOODY FLAMIN' ASHES!!!!! I made her cry! I'm sopposed to be her friend and i made her cry! Oh burn me, what am i going to do next, steal her puppy! This flamin' horrible. Shalimar's one of the strongest people i've ever met and i made her bloody well cry!

Well if Jain looked bad before, he looks like he's been knifed in the manhood now. The display on the other side of the porch looks like it might be enough to unhinge the poor fella.

"Burn me! Of course i wasn't right about you! You 're a good friend and i was absolutly horrible to say those things!"

Jain gives himself a knock on the forhead.

"What is wrong with me! every thing just comes out wrong lately!
Maybe i should just go? I've obviosly hurt you enough! the creator only knows what will happen if i stick around."

Jain looks extremely upset, walks off a ways, and sits down with his back to the whole affair. He pulls out an old dagger with old blood staining the blade. He sits the dagger in his lap, stairs at it a while before putting it away and composing himself.

i wish i could run for the hills right now, but there are trollocs in the city, and nothing, NOTHING will stop me from making sure the people here are safe!

drothgery

First Post
and now, a word from the grammar police

OOC:
peace = non-war; used as an oath in the Borderlands
piece = a portion of something; a piece of pie

scene = a place, a portion of a play; a battle scene
seen = past tense of see; I've seen battle

steal = to commit theft
steel = a mostly-iron alloy used, among other things, for weapons and armor

Sorry. That was bugging me.

dscrank

First Post
Time's up

Light, how long does it take to get people moving! Pedron plays with one of his knives, making it appear and disappear as quickly as possible. You never know when your life might depend on drawing your daggers quickly. He takes one look at the emotional mess around him and grunts in disgust.

"I'm going now," he says to no one in particular, and heads out to the field where they fought the Trollocs last night. We're all heading to the same place. I'm sure they'll catch up. Of course, I'll probably be finished by the time they notice I've left.

I ah oh. I hope nobody saw me crying. I need to get control of myself, this isn't like me, I do not cry. I really should say sorry to Jain, friends don't hit friends. Its just what he said reminded me of that awful place. I never want to think about that ter'angreal again, and this was real, not just an illusion.

I need to take control here and put this behind me.

she sniffles and dries her eyes on her sleeve, if her nurse could see her do that she wouldn't sit for a week power or no. She straightens her shoulders and pushes away from Ashrem in a rush.
Shalimar scowls at him will he tell anyone about this? "You will not speak of this to anyone." she says in her best tone of command that she had learned from her father.

Her cheeks go red as she remebers he had seen her cry "please say you wont tell anyone, not even Sisei. I do think we should go witth pedron since he just left a second ago, it wouldn't do to have him eaten, because of Jain and I fighting." she starts to walk after Pedron trying to figure out why she had let Ashrem see her cry, she never let anyone see that, not even her best friends.

Remove ads