• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WoT Adventure] Turn 2 - Back at the Inn

OOC: Where is everyone at this point? Pedron, Tomas, and Jain are there, because the White cloaks talked to them.

Where is everyone else?
I know I intended to retrieve sirsei, and then go dierectly there purpousefully setting myself and tomas apart. I geuss that means If I was successful retreiving Sirsei, then everyone would probably be there. If not, then she and I are not there. Yuri and Ashrem would be in the field if I was succesful, or if they went there in the first place with Tomas. If they joined me and I was unsuccesful, then they would not be there.

That was confusing wasn't it?
either of these is in the field:
Pedron,Jain, Tomas
Pedron,Jain, Tomas, Ashrem, Yuri
Pedron,Jain, Tomas, Ashrem, Yuri, Shalimar, and Sirsei

Dave could you describe which is actually there?

drothgery

First Post
Shalimar Shiawase said:
OOC: Where is everyone at this point? Pedron, Tomas, and Jain are there, because the White cloaks talked to them.

That was confusing wasn't it?
either of these is in the field:
Pedron,Jain, Tomas
Pedron,Jain, Tomas, Ashrem, Yuri
Pedron,Jain, Tomas, Ashrem, Yuri, Shalimar, and Sirsei

I think Yuri and Ashrem were waiting for Sirsei and Shalimar. If Shalimar quickly catches up with Sirsei and drags her along, the four of you are a bit behind Pedron, Jain, and Tomas, but you see the Children and hear what the leader and Jain say.

Last edited:

dscrank

First Post
Pedron tries not to react to Jain's lie. He considers saying something, but bites his tongue. Light, is he trying to get us in trouble? Nothing to do but go along, now. He doesn't think that the Whitecloaks can do more than bluster. The Queen will not take kindly to them arresting people on the doorstep of her capital. Pedron doesn't even try to follow Jain's attempt to look innocent and weak. The best he can manage is inconspicuous, which is hard when he's armed to the teeth. He keeps an eye on Tomas. If the Lord looks like he wants to gainsay Jain's lie, Pedron will stop him. Hopefully he won't have to tackle the man to do it.

[OOC: Let's not get too ahead of Tay-Dor. He'll definitely want in on this.]

drothgery

First Post
edit: Rendered moot by backtracking. But try to keep your stories at least plausible when you're trying to bluff, okay?

Last edited:

Valkys

First Post
OOC: Ummm, can we backtrack a bit here? Sirsei had no intention, 0, zilch, null, of being anywhere near Tomas. I think it's best if we allow me a reaction, because otherwise... she's pissed enough to name Tomas a Darkfriend and end the whole thing right now... Besides, naming him would then mean that he'd name her an Aes Sedai and where would we be?

BIC:

Sirsei is obviously angry and upset as she walks along the street. When Shalimar catches up to her, she sighs heavily, "Shalimar, my dear friend, don't try to talk me into anything right now. I'm so angry, I could... well, I don't want to talk about it."

She's still enraged, her face slightly flushed with it. Her eyes flash as she thinks about how rude Tomas has been. "I have no respect for Tomas. He brings out the worst in me. And..." She pauses as a tear rolls down her cheek, "I'm afraid of the worst, Shali. Really, truly afraid. It was so hard to step out of the last archway."

She pauses and wipes her cheek with a handkerchief previously concealed in her sleeve. "I don't want to see him again. Not today, anyway. I'm not ready for it. He's not evil. But he's misguided in a way that I don't want to deal with right now. I wish Lila were here."

"I'm going to the market. I'd like to buy something nice. It will make me feel better. I have a little money saved up. A sweet or a nice new handkerchief or scarf will make me feel better. Hopefully, I can find a nice silk scarf, so I can strangle Tomas with it."

"You can come or not, I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel like it, I'll ask Ashrem if he'd like to join me. I probably shouldn't be alone right now."

drothgery

First Post
Valkys said:
OOC: Ummm, can we backtrack a bit here? Sirsei had no intention, 0, zilch, null, of being anywhere near Tomas. I think it's best if we allow me a reaction, because otherwise... she's pissed enough to name Tomas a Darkfriend and end the whole thing right now... Besides, naming him would then mean that he'd name her an Aes Sedai and where would we be?

Sure. I really meant to give Shalimar the impression that she should wait for you before going on; I'm going to edit my reply to that effect.

Last edited:

OOC: lots of editing taking place. I misunderstood what you meant when you said we were there and heard what the White Cloaks said. Completely sorry for that.

she's pissed enough to name Tomas a Darkfriend and end the whole thing right now... Besides, naming him would then mean that he'd name her an Aes Sedai and where would we be?

dead White Cloaks?

IC: "Of course I will go shopping with you, It would definitely be relaxing after the last few days. Just the two of us though? There wont be any annoying members of the weaker sex around either, I could certainly do with some time apart from Jain and our future scullery boy Tomas. I also need to get some things. I am in need of a ring to show my sigil, and sigil in general. What do you think of when you think about me." she blushes and points at Yuri and Ashrem( if they are there) "Not one word."

I am glad Sirsei wants to go shopping, it means she is going to let herself be distracted from her problems. Once distracted, I should be able to cheer her up. Good, A plan. Now to get rid of Yuri and Ashrem(depending on whether or not they are with us).

If they are with us: "I am going shopping with Sirsei, perhaps you boys might want to make sure Tomas isn't getting Pedron and Jain killed? He really does need a minder to keep him from getting hurt, can I trust you to keep the others out of trouble? I can understand if you don't want to be around him, but I think we will be fine"

Last edited:

Tay-Dor

First Post
Dealing With Whitecloaks

drothgery said:
Walking back to the field where you faced the trollocs last night, Jain thought he saw someone following you. Just for a second; when he turned around, there wasn't anyone there.

But when you reached the field, there definitely was someone else there. A group of four men, heavily armed, armored in gleaming mail, and wearing cloaks of pure white with a golden sunburst pattern, the leader's augmented with a silver lightning-flash emblem.

"You there!" The leader calls out, pointing toward your group as you approach. "What brings you here, where a creature of the Dark One lies?"

Light...name the Dark One and look what appears... Lord Tomas takes a step forward, ignoring Pedron's comments. "My retainers and I were taking a walk to get some air. Traveling from Tear has been wearisome and I wished to take a day of leisure." Lord Tomas takes out a clean linen handkerchief and holds it over his nose. "What is that ghastly smell? Did you say a creature of the Dark One? Certainly your men will be able to protect us. I did not know there were such things in Caemlyn. Tell me, how did you fare? I can see that you must have won, but how many did you slay?" I look at the Whitecloak with a little bit of fear in my eye. Burn me...these Whitecloaks can be a nuisance. They've probably trampled any clues we might have found. Best to humor the imbecils.

Enforcer

Explorer
Yuri Morotakai

Yuri stands with the others and waits for the Whitecloaks to do something foolish. He'll not be caught unprepared.

Retainers? One day I will throw this man through a wall...but not right now. Still, if we get caught in a lie with Whitecloaks...

Remove ads