• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WoT Adventure] Turn 2 - Back at the Inn

Tay-Dor

First Post
"May the Light watch over you." Lord Tomas responds as he leads his band away from the Whitecloaks. He continues to walk, making a large circle around the field, out of the Whitecloaks eyesight. "You did well Master Jain. Nicely done. Perhaps Master Yuri could take some lessons from you in maintaining a bluff." Lord Tomas continues to keep an eye out for anything unusual. "I have no desire to see the False Dragon. I have better things to do with my time, such as investigating these creatures to be sure they can threaten no more of the peasantry."

"Ashrem and Pedron have the right idea. We shall circle around and try to pick up the trail on the otherside."

drothgery

First Post
OOC: Guys, you're at the edge of a large open field just outside of Caemlyn. There's no way you can 'go around' the Whitecloaks without them seeing you.

dscrank

First Post
[OOC: That's odd. I thought there were hedgerows in the initial description. Ah well, you're the boss.]

Pedron does a quick analysis of their chances of getting around the Whitecloaks without being seen. Chances are he could do it--the time he spent on the run wasn't completely wasted. He's at least learned how to move as quietly in the country as he can in the city. He's not so sure of the others. He could try to convince them to let him go alone, but Lord bloody Tomas would never agree to that, and he'd make more noise than the rest of them combined.

"I'm not too sure we'd be able to get around the Whitecloaks without being spotted," he says to the others. "So either we find a good excuse for circling around them, we find some way to get rid of them, or ..." Or we forget about this insane little adventure and go back to the inn. Maybe I can leave Caemlyn and find some place where they think Trollocs are children's tales. There're places in the west of Andor that no one, Trolloc or thief-taker, ever goes to. Pedron keeps that thought to himself, lest he upset his more fooli--, er, heroic comrades.

Tay-Dor

First Post
"Perhaps it would be best to return to the inn. I don't think we want to get into any trouble with the Whitecloaks." Lord Tomas turns back towards the Inn...

OOC: Let me know if I got the ring and Sirsie got whatever so I can edit my charracter sheet.

"Sirsie, this was fun. I hope we can do this a lot more if we have to be around the children for much longer, I know I at least will need it. I think we had best get back, who knows what trouble they have gotten in by now. We also will want to get back before Lila Sedai in case she needs tospeak with us, she wont like to be kept waiting. Aes Sedai never do." she shivers remembering a time she was sent to a Red Sister who wanted to break her of the notion of joining the Green ajah.

I went to Galina's study, I was late, I know I was but it was because I was with Sheriam Sedai. She switched me for being late, then she switched me because she had to switch me for taking up her time making her late for her next appointment. Even a good excuse means nothing to a Sister. I wont be late again, I wont!

She heads back to the Inn hoping that Sirsei is following her, too caught up in the memory to notice her friends preseance or lack their off.

Jain Hadlin, P.O.ed by bad luck

"Blood and ashes! I can't believe this." Jain shacks his head and throws up an arm in frustration. "I might be able to sneak past, but even i have to admit that it's probably not worth it. The gaurds know about the attack and as much as i dislike the flamin' whitecloaks, they'd never let a shadowspawn hurt someone."

Somethings going on, trollocs wouldn't be this far south for no reason...............But why?

"I think, Tomas, is right. We should go back to the inn and see if the girls have cooled off any. Then i'm going to see, Logain, if we haven't already missed him." Jain rubs his chin, deep in thought.

I don't know whats got me so spooked, but somethings going to happen i can feal it in my bones.

"I'll go by myself if i must." Jain says this absently, all most to himself as he turns and heads back to the inn.

drothgery

First Post
Shalimar Shiawase said:
OOC: Let me know if I got the ring and Sirsie got whatever so I can edit my charracter sheet.

Since neither of you were shopping for anything particularly difficult to find (unless I'm misreading things), you don't have much trouble finding what you're looking for (so anything you buy is at rulebook pricing). The merchants in Caemlyn seem to be the only ones who aren't stopping or changing their business for Logain -- with so many people around, there's a lot of money to be made.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
"You'll not be going by yourself Jain. I'm coming too." he said as he cought up to him.

"Something like this is a once in a lifetime event."

The Light make it so.

Jain Hadlin

"Your company will be much appreciated, as well as the company of anyone else that comes with me."

I admit Ashrem's volenteering to come along is something of a relief. If something does happen i reallty don't want to be caught by myself.

dscrank

First Post
Light, why would I want to see a false Dragon? He's either a fool or a Darkfriend, which makes him twice the fool. The same goes for any man who wants to channel. Pedron opens his mouth to say no, but hesitates. A pickpocket could manage quite a take in a crowd like there will be today. He doesn't have a whole lot of coin right now, so separating a careless merchant from his fat purse sounds awfully tempting. He'll just have to lose his less larcenous companions, which shouldn't be that difficult.

"Sure, I'll come," he says. "Like Ash said, it'll be a once in a lifetime opportunity."

Remove ads