• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WoT Adventure] Turn 2 - Back at the Inn

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Ashrem - Fugitive

[OOC: Good Lord! I go to sleep and come back to a band of Whitecloaks!]

Ashrem could tell that Shalimar was doing a good job with Sersei. Perhaps it would do them good to spend some time alone. He nodded to them as they walked on and hurried to catch up with the others.

Passing out of a group of trees he stopped when he saw the others talking to a band of Whitecloaks. Whitecloaks! Burn me! They could have heard about those I killed. Best I stay out of sight.

Staying a good distance out in the forest, Ashrem ducked down below a bush and listened intently. Blood and ashes. I hope Tomas doesn't get them in trouble. The last thing I need is more blood on my hands.

[OOC: Hide Check with bonuses for cover.]

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Re: Dealing With Whitecloaks

Tay-Dor said:

Light...name the Dark One and look what appears... Lord Tomas takes a step forward, ignoring Pedron's comments. "My retainers and I were taking a walk to get some air. Traveling from Tear has been wearisome and I wished to take a day of leisure." Lord Tomas takes out a clean linen handkerchief and holds it over his nose. "What is that ghastly smell? Did you say a creature of the Dark One? Certainly your men will be able to protect us. I did not know there were such things in Caemlyn. Tell me, how did you fare? I can see that you must have won, but how many did you slay?" I look at the Whitecloak with a little bit of fear in my eye. Burn me...these Whitecloaks can be a nuisance. They've probably trampled any clues we might have found. Best to humor the imbecils.

<sorry; you botched your Bluff v. the Whitecloak's Sense Motive>

"You can plainly see that it was killed last night." The leader sneers. "We were looking for a goup of backcountry bumpkins, Darkfriends all. You don't have the look," The Whitecloak tells Tomas, "but your companions do."

Enforcer

Explorer
"I'm from Chachin, the capital of Kandor--hardly backcountry. Do you have any further description beyond just backcountry? That wouldn't be very efficient I'd imagine. If you do have a more detailed description, I'm sure my friends and I don't match it. We walk in the Light, Lieutenant."

[Roll that beautiful +0 Diplomacy check! Woo hoo!]

Jain Hadlin, starting to get nervous

Tomas, it's about time you did something senceable! Too bad they didn't buy it. Flamein' whitecloacks, this could be serious trouble.

"UM, ah, Good sirs, master, if i may? Me master, he is telling the truth. Besides it seems to me that who ever killed them nasty buggers probably weren't no friends of thier's and them being the spawn of the dark one as you said. Well it just seems to me, and mind you i'm just an ingnorant peasent, that the one's what killed them probaly weren't darkfriends?"

"At any rate we never been anywere's near this place before, surely you can't blame use for takin' a walk ion the country, can you sirs?"

Jain tries to look innocent as well as subserveant, with a dash of groveling throw in for effect.

{OOC: i'm think at this point i'm probably working off Bluff, but it's your call,Dave.]

drothgery

First Post
Re: Jain Hadlin, starting to get nervous

Sir Osis of Liver said:
Jain tries to look innocent as well as subserveant, with a dash of groveling throw in for effect.

{OOC: i'm think at this point i'm probably working off Bluff, but it's your call,Dave.]

<Jain's Bluff vs. Arlvin's Sense Motive worked out a lot better.>

The Whitecloak consults a sheet of paper. "A big lad and a girl from the Two Rivers. Not this motley group." He mutters under his breath. "Get out of here. And walk in the Light." He says, and it seems like that's a command.

Jain Hadlin, Smooth tongued Devil

"The creator bless you fine gentlemen, thank you very much"

Jain bows and turns to leave.

"Shall, we go along our way, Master Tomas?"

With his back turned to the whitecloaks he able to throw Tomas a slightly pleading look.

We're out of the flame, i just hope Tomas doesn't throw us back in!

Valkys

First Post
Sirsei looks at Shalimar thoughtfully as she considers a sigil, "Promise not to laugh. If it needs to be an animal, I think a wolverine would fit you. I would say a badger, but I know how men think and you'd never hear the end of it. What about me? What do you think is a good sigil for me?"

Enforcer

Explorer
After being dismissed by the Whitecloaks, Yuri relaxes and takes his hands off of his belt. Once out of earshot, he says,

"Well done everybody, though it'll be a wonder if we don't meet them again. After all, the whole inn knows we were the ones who killed the Trollocs. It could be difficult, having them catch us in a lie."

Last edited:

Her face goes red for a moment, "A badger, you really think I am best represented by a badger? And I thought you were my friend!" she says in obvious mock consternation. " Am I really that fierce that a badger or a wolverine is a good description? But there all so small and fuzzy, might as well pick a rabbit, or a mouse. " she says in a plaintive moan

Hmm, I don't see myself as a badger, more like a lioness but that might be confused with the Lion of Andor, so I might not be able to get it here.

For Sirsei hmmm. She can be a bit prickly when someone tries to point out whats in her best interests, so a rose. She does care about people though, so roses in a bracelet, beautiful to look at, but you need to be careful of it. Both delicate and beautiful, yet painful if approached the wrong way. Thats Sirsei alright

"For you love, I think Roses threaded into a bracelet. You are very Beatiful so definately a flower."

dscrank

First Post
Pedron

[OOC: Great, it's all over by my lunch break. Ah well, I would have gone with my usual strategy and let the charismatic leader-types do the talking anyway.]

While the Whitecloaks are talking to the others, Pedron keeps his eyes open, trying to take everything in during his limited opportunity. This includes the Whitecloaks and whatever they're doing here, the bodies [OOC: Shouldn't there be two?], anything else that might prove interesting. He's somewhat distracted by the fact that he's worried about the Whitecloaks.

Remove ads