• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WoT Adventure] Turn 2 - Back at the Inn

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
"It is between us m'lady." he said soberly.

Pulling his coat over his sword he set out after Pedron and Shalimar.

"Are you coming Jain?" he asked as he passed.

Jain Hadlin, mopping whimp

"Yes.......of course i'm coming, Master Bayle. I couldn't live with myself if someone where hurt by trollocs and i could have prevented it."

Jain speaks just above a whisper, his voice is kind of scratchy, and he keeps his head down as he falls in step.

Tay-Dor

First Post
Noble Catch-up...

Yuri, seeing the situation dissolve like snow in the Waste, puts an arm around Tomas, and pulls him off to a corner of the room as quickly as possible.
Lord Tomas quirks an indignant eyebrow at the familiar touch...

"Excuse us for a moment, please."

Once alone (assuming Tomas didn't try to resist ), Yuri looks him straight in the eyes and begins to explain the error of his ways:

"This. Is. Not. Tear. Your. Title. Means. Little. Here. Especially with the women from the Tower. I imagine that that "girl" could tie you up like a blacksmith's puzzle...especially since the Accepted haven't sworn the three oaths. You know women are headstrong, but any Tower-trained girl makes normal women seem like loyal dogs. You are not helping us by insinuating that they are weak. If I were you, I'd apologize, and shut your mouth for the rest of the day. If it will help appease your honor, you can strike me across the face for my words...I'll permit it for the sake of keeping us together--all of us have our own talents, and we'll likely need them."

"I don't bloody care if this was the Aiel waste. I am a Noble and I. Will. Be. Treated. In. A. Manner. Appropriate. To. My. Station. And no Tar Valon witch is going to change that.. She should apologize to me for the insufferable way she has acted." [ooc: damn...Tomas makes me wanna slap him]

She hears what Yuri tells Tomas and nods grimly in agreement. She walks up to Tomas, her willowy frame putting her on equal footing with him, so that she can look him in the eye without looking up or down. "I am a Domani," she says with pride and anger at Tomas, "not some simpering Tairen twit of a common girl you can order about at your whim."
"Nor are you a Borderlander Noble. So again I say, learn your place."

"If you have any sense at all in that pretty little head of yours, you'll learn some respect for myself and Shalimar and all of those like us."

She leans in then, putting her mouth next to his ear so that only he can hear her next words, "Do you know what I can do to you with the One Power? Think of all your worst nightmares. Then double them. If you keep this up, I might be willing to experiment on you. And I'd never have to lay a finger on your person. Remember the trolloc. Wouldn't it be awful to burn to death?"

She steps back, "I am only an Accepted. I haven't sworn any oaths, yet. If I break the oaths, I may never be Aes Sedai, but some things... some things might be worth the price. Do I make myself clear, Lord Tomas?" she asks. She clears her throat, still looking him in the eye, "Are we ready to put this behind us now?"

Lord Tomas grips the hilt of his longsword until his knuckles go white. In a calm voice belying any fear, "Now I see the Wisdom of the High Lords. You Witches will do anything to get your own way. Perhaps those silly Whitecloaks have the right of things. If you are willing to go against your order just to cow one Tairen Noble." Lord Tomas looks to Yuri, "And you wish me to offer *this* respect? I would sooner kiss an Illianer."

"Now, if you are both quite done with this foolishness, there are more important things to be done than wasting time with this flirting and bantering. If you wish to accompany us, fine then. Come along. Stop dawdling or we'll leave you behind."

Lord Tomas than ignores them both and walks out of the Inn. "Come along everyone. The day isn't getting any shorter." Lord Tomas walks towards the plce where they fought the Trollocs, firmly in the Lead (for the first few steps at least.) Light...wait till I tell the High Lords what that witch threatened...

Valkys

First Post
I'm going to kill him. I don't know when or where, but at the first opportunity, he's a dead man. Sirsei is shaking with barely suppressed rage. Rather than speak to Tomas, she exhales slowly and walks out of the Inn, and then heads in the opposite direction as Tomas, without speaking to anyone.

Why would anyone swear the three oaths with louts like that walking about? If that's the calibre of the nobility, the Aes Sedai should take charge. This is an internal debate she has had many times. The three oaths seem so pointless to her. Why bother? What exactly were those women thinking when they decided that Aes Sedai must swear them? The Tower survived for so long without the oaths. What had happened?

She could leave the Tower. Caemlyn would really be an ideal place to just forget the whole deal. She could return to Arad Doman, or go south to Ebou Dar or Illian. She questioned her resolve once more and thought on her trials in the three arches.

This sort of rubbish, nobles looking down on me, yet giving me everything I want so long as I act like a good pet. I was pampered like a prize mare> And all I had to do in return was give over my free choice, subjugate my will to their own. Hardly worth it. This Tomas is no different than that.

Was I wrong to threaten him? No. He deserved it. And it isn't a threat if I'm willing to carry it out. Am I willing to do that?

She thought about her third trial and shivered, I was one of the new Forsaken. No one could stand in my way. Even Lanfear trembled at my order. Married to Ishmael, wife of the Nae'blis. And even then, she'd had to let her own will and desires come second to those of the Dark One.

She'd looked up the word Nae'blis and the meaning scared her. Could that really happen in her lifetime? Could her worst fear and greatest desire come true?

She feared that a darkness hid within her breast. For whatever reason, she would burn Tomas, or thought she could. She didn't fear the Dark One. She couldn't be a Darkfriend. And even the Tower was difficult at times, when she had to follow orders.

She would never "learn her place" as Tomas had put it, and if he tried to put here there, wherever he thought it was, she would exact her retribution, whatever the cost might be. And then run, if necessary.

He only has to threaten me once. And then I'll have just cause, since I'd be defending myself. Shalimar might even help. What am I thinking? I shouldn't involve her in this. Shame on me for thinking it.

Enforcer

Explorer
Light, the man really is a fool. A pity.

"Some men follow a nobleman because failure to do so results in starvation for them and their families. Others follow a nobleman because he's a capable leader and just. It's becoming increasingly clear that you are one of the former--and I don't live on your lands, Tomas. Think on this, if you truly desire to lead us, for we do not have to follow."

Yuri gives Tomas a look of contempt mixed with disappointment, and goes to join Pedron, Jain, Shalimar, and Ashrem.

"Let's be off," he says, and then mutters under his breath, "and may the Light help him if he gets in my way."

"Sirsie. SIRSIE where are you going?" Shalimar calls at Sirsies back as she heads away from her and the rest of the group.

And I thought I was the one who was upset. Where is she going? We really ought to stick together especially with fools like Jain, and Tomas around. Not to mention trollocs.

she speaks softly to those clustered around her so as to exclude Tomas, "Ashrem, Yuri she looks very upset, she shouldn't be alone if she's that upset. I am going to go after her and try to talk to her, will you come with me? Please? If you could follow a bit behind to give us privacy it might be best. I think that I don't want to be near lord Tomas right now, you can help us look around instead of him. I think that would be a good way to put him in his place."

She hurries to catch up with Sirsei, trying to comfort her friend.

dscrank

First Post
Light, now what?! Pedron doesn't stop, or even slow down much. He'll go alone if necessary. And burn me for a fool for doing so! He looks at Jain, shoulders hunched and head bowed, and at Tomas, stiff-backed and pretending no one else is there. Maybe it's not such a bad idea to separate those two from the women. The only problem is that I have to put up with them.

Jain Hadlin, staying on target

i can't begrudge her going after Sersei, they are friends after all.

"why don't you guys go with Shalimar, to check on Sersei, I'll go with Tomas and Pedron to look at the battle ground. None of us are wanted here anyway."

Jain looks over at Tomas and raises his eyebrows.

"That expeptable, Tomas?"

Either way Jain heads off with Pedron.

I'm better off staying away from Shalimar for the time being, anyway, it's safer. I've done enough damage already, burn me.

drothgery

First Post
Moving on...

Walking back to the field where you faced the trollocs last night, Jain thought he saw someone following you. Just for a second; when he turned around, there wasn't anyone there.

But when you reached the field, there definitely was someone else there. A group of four men, heavily armed, armored in gleaming mail, and wearing cloaks of pure white with a golden sunburst pattern, the leader's augmented with a silver lightning-flash emblem.

"You there!" The leader calls out, pointing toward your group as you approach. "What brings you here, where a creature of the Dark One lies?"

Jain Hadlin, sort of

[OOC: thats just wrong! I hope that's in the MOD. besuase if not you one mean S.O.B.]

Oh, you've got to be bloody well kidding me! Children of the light! We've stepped in it this time!

Jain, innocent as the day he was born: "HUH! Creature of the Dark one! Where?!"

Jain looks around terrified. "Can you protect us from it?"

Oh man i hope the others go along with this, the last thing i need is to visit a flamin' whitecloak inquisitor today!

Remove ads