WotBS WOTBS - Scouring - Help with Gabal's School - SPOILERS

Peter FdH

First Post
Just prepping my new 4E WOTBS game to start in 2 weeks and I'm a bit confused by one of the encounters in the first module.

At the start of the Stopping Shealis quest (Act 2, Scene 6) the party is supposed to go to Gabal's School. There are two descriptions in the module - one with a crowd and one seemibly without. The two seem contradictory.

Am I missing something?:erm:

Welcome to the boards and welcome to War of the Burning Sky!

I had to re-read to figure out what you are talking about, and I think I found it.

In the 4e version page 13 there is the Quest 'Stopping Shealis' in which the description talks about barren and empty streets. Then there is also a side bar referencing a mob gathering outside the gates of the school.

What you are missing {and I missed the first skim through as well} is that the quest happens "well before sunrise" while the sidebar is for "a change outside the school as morning arrives"

My take is that this sidebar occurs after the dealing in the school is complete and the group is headed off to either lick their wounds or rejoice on their success.

Peter FdH

First Post
Thanks. Both the sidebar and the boxed description under the heading 'The Situation' seem to infer the party's approaching the school. I suppose you could use the sidebar if the party refuses Buron's request of them. That way they still get the information about Gabal and a chance to meet Diogenes. We'll see what happens.

Really excited about this campaign after spending the better part of 3 months prepping.

No problem.. I am in the third year of running and I am still excited for the next session :)

Last session the heros got to fight a gigantic animated statue of Emperor Coaltongue. It was an awesome and epic fight!

Quick side note, you will probably want to peruse the older threads here as the first handful of modules were published shortly after 4e came out.. and there are some issues with the conversion of some encounters and skill challenges.

There are alot of really good corrections floating around here.

Ajar

Explorer
I've been looking at the corrections myself, since I'm starting up a 4E WotBS game in 2 weeks as well. Thanks for this thread, it preemptively addresses something that might have confused me!

Remove ads