• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotBS - Scouring of Gate Pass

Dragonwriter

First Post
The half-orc's eyebrow rises sharply as Rivereye calls Torrent "Peppin" and mentions a hitherto-unheard-of password. His hand slowly goes to his falchion's grip, fingers tightening. He mutters in Orcish, "No kidding," as his gaze intensifies on the coughing gnome.

[sblock=OOC]
Ready to go Total Defense if anyone turns hostile/attacks.
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

Oblivious to the danger, Fantalass only stands and waits.

[sblock=OOC]
Caty Perception (1d20+5=16) no nat 20 :(

Active: Mage armor (13 min)
---

Fantalass
AC 11 (T11, FF10), HP 5/5, F +0,R+1,W+3
2 subdual damage

Acid Dart: 5/6 (+2, 1d6+1) (includes Point Blank bonus)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Feather Fall

Effects:

XP: 0

Caty: AC 15 (T14, FF13), HP 2/2, F +2,R+2,W+3 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Torrent looks to the others and shrugs her shoulders. "I'm sorry Rivereye, but we know nothing of a password. If you will look a little closer you will see that Peppin..."

"What," the gnome says his voice totally different and the cough noticably gone. "what do you mean..." he starts to interrupt but in turn is interrupted by Shade - "That's some type of illusuion. He's no gnome he's an elf!"

The group stands stunned for a minute not knowing if they should believe or not and then the "gnome" bolts far away from the group. He hurries towards the door opposite the stairs leading from the first floor crying out. "Telah fiyr yrels! Tuc'y hely yrels buhhuf!" he says loudly.

Before he reaches the door it opens by itself and he ducks through. Just as mysteriously the door shuts behind the escaping illusion. But the group has little time to ponder all that as the glow of light comes from the stairs leading up to the third floor.

Floating down the steps comes a ball of glowing light inside what looks like an elaborate lantern.

[sblock=OOC] INIT and ACTIONS please (and thank you) [/sblock]

Attachments

• depository2.jpg
    depository2.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 62
  • PZO1112-PreviewMonster5.jpg
    PZO1112-PreviewMonster5.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
Marda raises her weapon high and calls out, "Gracenyes, grant this weapon your favor, that it may strike down these coming foes." (cast divine favor, duration 1 minute) The heavy mace breifly takes on a silver radiance before the dwarf moves ahead to face the oncoming light (moves to place herself in front of Fantalass) and braces herself for the coming lights.

(( Initiative 1d20+1=11 ))

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Initiative (1d20+3=18)

Aaron spins at the fleeing figure, spotting the light descend from the stairs above. He expects a battle, as he inspects the floating figure... (Knowledge Rel/Arc checks (1d20+6=11, 1d20+6=14))

He turns to the others, expecting quick actions, as he moves to the center of the room for a better view. He then prepares to assist the first one that would need aid, as he watches the scene unfold slowly, but with patience. Should one of the others need his aid, he calls out for a little Inspiration, "May your actions be graceful..."

(Moving 6 squares directly east of Shade, readying action to use Inspiring Word on first ally that attacks or needs a saving throw. +2 morale bonus to attack, skill check, ability check and saving rolls for 1 round to that single ally)

(Edit - Bringing out Bastard Sword... need it I guess, lol)

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Barrik slides his falchion from its sheath and grabs at the door nearby, trying to open it. “Hell with that light-thing, we need to catch that imposter!”

[sblock=OOC]
Init: 11.
Move action to draw, then I think 5-ft. step up to where Aaron was. Then I attempt to open the door. Standard or move, I don’t care. Can’t do much else right now.

AC 16, HP 12/12
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

Fantalass reacts quickly, taking a defensive stance and ready to share his knowledge.

[sblock=OOC]
Initiative (1d20+3=18)
Knowledge (Arcane, planes) (1d20+7=15, 1d20+7=23)

Full defense: If able to identify the thing, he will share it with a free action speak.

Active: Mage armor (13 min) (shared with Caty)
---

Fantalass
AC 11 (T11, FF10), HP 5/5, F +0,R+1,W+3
2 subdual damage

Acid Dart: 5/6 (+2, 1d6+1) (includes Point Blank bonus)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Feather Fall

Effects:

XP: 0

Caty: AC 15 (T14, FF13), HP 2/2, F +2,R+2,W+3 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] first need to back track - this "Deal with them! Don't let them follow!" was said in Celestial which only Fantlass speaks. Now I will update the end of the round. :p [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
End Round 1

Fantalass stands in slight awe of the creature that it regonizes from old books from his days as a pupil. "It's a Lantern Archon, a being from the outer realms." he says watching as the lantern archon glides down the stairwell to take up a postion in front of the door the elf/gnome fled through. The screech of drawn blade wakes him out of his stupor. "No!" he exclaims as Aaron advances. "Put your weapon away! All of you don't make any threating moves towards it, it's very aura can affect those that are hostile towards it. It is a creature of good." Aaron looks again and knows that the elf is speaking the truth. Shade halts her advance at Fantalass's warning, as Barrack makes for the door.

Marda casts her spell and the light of the Lantern Archon turns from the cool yellow to a menacing orange. Fantalass shakes his head and braces for an attack. "Our weapons will hardly hurt it Marda. Unless they are corrupt and evil. Maybe I can talk to it, eveyone back away it can fire beams of light but only at a short distance."

Torrent had started for the door also but halts at the warning and as the creature moved to block it.

[sblock=OOC] Had to roll a high know check huh?? :p Well you got the following info and I think I got it posted above.

Aura of menace (DC12)
DR10/evil
Light ray - 2 light rays +3 ranged touch (1d6); range 30'; overcomes all DR
and as a bonus Fantalass knows that they speak Celestial, Draconic, Infernal, and truespeech (whatever that is)

Note to FtF: You listed to many actions so I figured that you would want to advance and have a weapon in hand. Can't draw as a free action till your BAB is +1. Also needed Know planes for what it does posted your know religion as it beat DC by 2 so you know it's a good celestial being.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in init order - TOP OF THE 2nd
Code:
[U]Character          AC  HP   InHand/Condition[/U]
Aaron              17  12   b.sword/none
Fantalass       [COLOR=royalblue] 19[/COLOR]   5   ---/total def;mage armor(ends round 121)
Torrent            15  17   ---/none
Lantern Archon     15  [COLOR=royalblue]19 [/COLOR]---/DR10/evil;[URL="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2706096/"] aid [/URL](ends round 31)
Shade              16   9   rapier&s.sword/none
Barrik             16  12   falchion/none
Marda              19   8   mace&shield/divine favor(ends round 11)
[/sblock]

Attachments

• depository3.jpg
    depository3.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads