• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotBS - Scouring of Gate Pass

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

"Pure Lantern Archon, being of Good, please let us pass. Our intents are righteous and good. We don't want to oppose the forces of good, but save lives. If you can see the pureness of heart, you will recognize that none of us has evil in mind. In fact, some of us are clerics of good gods. We await your judgment." Fantalass says, first in celestial, then in draconic.

[sblock=OOC]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2702337/

Full defense: If able to identify the thing, he will share it with a free action speak.

Active: Mage armor (13 min) (shared with Caty)
---

Fantalass
AC 11 (T11, FF10), HP 5/5, F +0,R+1,W+3
2 subdual damage

Acid Dart: 5/6 (+2, 1d6+1) (includes Point Blank bonus)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Feather Fall

Effects:

XP: 0

Caty: AC 15 (T14, FF13), HP 2/2, F +2,R+2,W+3 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
When she is up... Marda lowers her weapon at the elf's warnings. "Good beings, you say... If you need some help there Fantalass, let me know."

((Marda would be in a defensive posture, until she can actually react on her initiative, which sucks. ;) ))

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Aaron lowers his blade at the caution of Fantalass, as he wonders just what was going on. "I will not attack it.. but I can assist. Your words ring true, and our hearts are true as well. Our actions are for the sake of good, to end this war. If it can not understand me, then hopefully it can sense our motives. Reason with it, Fantalass..."
[sblock=Inspiring Word]+2 Moral Bonus to Fantalass for Skill Checks, Saves, Ability Checks and attack rolls for 1 round. This should stack with Aid Another, if Marda can indeed do that... 4 uses left for today)[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Shade, Elven Rogue

The dark rogue flip her blades around, so that they lay along her slender forearms as she continues to advance. She keeps a close eye on the door behind the outsider to see if it has been barred or was just given a shove as the deceptive elf passed through. "One side ... torch, the foul deceiver you protect has information that will cost many their retched lives should we not intercept him!"

[sblock=OOC]Perception (1d20+9=13) to see if the door has been locked before I get there.

If the door is not locked Shade will try to tumble past the guard with Acrobatics (1d20+7=11) that crap.

Intimidation (1d20+3=22) to distract the archon from its duty.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Zuo saz cuy qall. I fihh cuy rans acz ub zuo ochelll zuo lelelx yu lyuq yrel Lrarahellyi act ril silliuc."

The door the elf fled through is unlocked and Shade starts to feel the aura of the Lantern Archon slowly creep into her bones but being forewarned the rogue shrugs it off as she reaches the door.

[sblock=OOC] Diplomacy failed even with the +2 from Aaron and Vertexx69 I think distracting is a Bluff check rather than an Intimidate but still a high roll at 21 so The lantern archon doesn't know what you are up to just yet. You can open the door and move out next round if you wish but that will provoke an AoO. [/sblock]

[sblock=Celestial]
"You may not pass. I will not harm any of you unless you seek to stop the Shahalesti and his mission." [/sblock]

EDIT: btw end of round 2 start of round 3

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

"Archon, what is the Shahalesti's mission." Fantalass asks in celestial.

[sblock=OOC]

Full defense. Not the time to translate very word.

Active: Mage armor (13 min) (shared with Caty)
---

Fantalass
AC 11 (T11, FF10), HP 5/5, F +0,R+1,W+3
2 subdual damage

Acid Dart: 5/6 (+2, 1d6+1) (includes Point Blank bonus)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Feather Fall

Effects:

XP: 0

Caty: AC 15 (T14, FF13), HP 2/2, F +2,R+2,W+3 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Barrik cautiously opens the door he stands near and goes outside, circling the tower.

[sblock=OOC]
Double-move around the tower, if possible. Sorry I didn't post for the last round... Idea was to head out and go around, try to spot the fleeing elf illusionist and follow him.

Is the box of info still in the tower? If it is, we don't need to chase this guy...

And Knowledge (planes) check for me: 16.
[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Marda listens to the the elf attempt to talk to the being of light and while she sees the effort, the art of diplomacy is lacking. Although, he can communicate with it, which is a major plus.

To Torrent the dwarf asks, "Is the gnome about, or should we pursue the illusionist?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The archon goes silent, and Fantalass knows that is a question it will not answer.

Barrik enters the balcony area of the tower and starts to move around to the otherside. He moves all the way around the balcony once and there is no sign of the elf/gnome. He starts to look on the ground as he makes another pass, but again nothing. He does notice that the fighting is still going on to the west end of the city. As he reaches the door he exited the second time he sees a group of griffion riders swoop off towards the center of the city.

Torrent snaps her fingers, "That's it Marda," she says with a grin. "That illusionist must have seen Rivereye to make an image like him, so the gnome must be here. Fantalass ask that ball of light if we can search the tower for the gnome, that shouldn't impede anyone."

Fantalass asks, "Saz fel lelanvr yrel yufeln bun anel wcusel bnielct?" in celestial and the archon answers, "Zell."

"I asked it - May we search the tower for are gnome friend? - and it said yes Torrent." Fantalass says translating.

"Then let' do that." Torrent says starting to look right then. "Somebody needs to take the upper levels."

[sblock=OOC] Ok I let Barrik have his round 2 and round 3 actions making two trips around the tower balcony. No illusionist. I assumed that Fantalass would translate to everyone what the archon says (but if I am wrong about that let me now WD). So they would know about not being allowed to stop the Shahalesti's mission. Fast fowarded WD's part becuze I saw he is away for the weekend in another thread.

I only await what Shade will do this round. If she doesn't pick a fight then we will search if she does well... [/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Shade never had any intention of engaging the Lantern Archon, but was moving to bypass it to overtake the illusionist. But I somehow think the guy we are meeting was killed by the elf, and now he's the only one that has the info we need.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads