D&D 4E WotC 4E Neverwinter Campaign Setting on sale for $10 – Useful for 5E?

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I bought Neverwinter for a 4e campaign that never got off the ground.

If you ever play 5e "Hoard of the Dragon Queen / Rise of Tiamat", you can use the Neverwinter book to flesh out the area. Take out anything you don't like (for me, the Spellplague plot thread). I placed the first Cult assassination plot in Neverwinter (because the Cult of the Dragon has a page of background there). The PCs were passing through town on their way back to Waterdeep.

You could also use the Neverwinter book if you are doing "Princes of the Apocalypse" because it is set nearby. Maybe the returning elves in the woods get into a border conflict with the Cult of Fire?
Neverwinter also talks a little bit about Gauntlegrym, which has a tie-in with "Out of the Abyss".

carolina

First Post
I think it was the best setting material done during the 4E era. It has a lot of 4e player mechanics, but the adventure ideas are awesome and can be used in any rules system.

Redthistle

Explorer
Supporter
It's excellent for fleshing out settings for 5e games, as noted above.

The simple rule of thumb if you use any NPCs/Monsters from the 4e Neverwinter Campaign Setting is to divide the creature's level by 3, multiply by 2, and adapt as necessary/desired.

I especially liked the were-rat thieves guild stuff.

Remove ads