D&D 4E WotC 4E Neverwinter Campaign Setting on sale for $10 – Useful for 5E?

this forum needs a 'clap' or 'applause' icon...

Well it's very rare that you ask for people's opinion on a product and get pretty much unanimous praise. Plus, I do have HotDQ and RoT, so the book should come in handy for those campaigns.

So cheers to those that posted for their help.

S'mon

Legend
It's probably better designed for 5e than for 4e! :D I hated the nerfed 4e stats, but for 5e you can just ignore them. It didn't give me the tools I needed to run a 4e campaign there (in particular, *Encounters*!) but with 5e's 3-pillar model that's much less of a problem.

Al2O3

Explorer
If you have the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide for updated information that's great for combining. And the 4e material is supposed to be set no more than 10 years before the 5e martial, so if you go a lot with "canon" the 4e material should still be in fresh memory for lots of NPCs.

It really is a great campaign book. One of the best period.

I recommend you check out this blog for extensive material on the area around Neverwinter, especially with this tag).

Also, someone on these boards converted the 4E character themes to 5E backgrounds here.

If you have the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide for updated information that's great for combining. And the 4e material is supposed to be set no more than 10 years before the 5e martial, so if you go a lot with "canon" the 4e material should still be in fresh memory for lots of NPCs.

Yep, got the SCAG too, so good to know they work well together.

Remove ads