D&D 5E WotC Dungeons & Dragons 2020 Product Survey

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
I was hoping there would have been questions about the pace of 5e releases, but there wasn't. I did get to put in a lot of votes for "Things I can use for Homebrew, not just prepublished adventures" choices.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The questions on designers were interesting, especially since some of those designers (Gary Gygax, Dave Arneson) aren't even alive anymore.

If I had to guess, I'd say that question is geared around "What old adventures should we re-make for 5E?"

Also picked Dark Sun, Spelljammer and Planescape as the top settings, because I WANT THEM.

If I had to guess, the question and the structure of the answer suggests less who they want to work with, and more a desire to know how many people pay attention to book credits at all, and be able to break it down by demographic.

I haven't actually gotten to play in a very long time, so some of my answers were based on what I think I would do, or what I have done when I did play.

Omand

Hero
Just replied to the survey.

I got a total of 44 questions, including the demographic survey at the end. I know in previous surveys people have reported the number of questions you end up answering varies depending on your answers to some of the earlier questions (how often you are playing, etc.).

So, for comparison, how many questions did others have to answer when they went through the process?

Cheers :)

Khelon Testudo

Cleric of Stronmaus
That list was odd and didn't give me hope that they are planning to work with many modern designers (current designers, whatever).

5e is TOO MUCH looking to the past for me, I would prefer not live in a world driven by nostalgia.
But that list sure didn't indicate anything like that.......which I must not have made clear.
If I had to guess, the question and the structure of the answer suggests less who they want to work with, and more a desire to know how many people pay attention to book credits at all, and be able to break it down by demographic.
I actually downvoted many of the older names like Gygax. I'd prefer newer ideas, more modern or innovative adventure concepts. And I'm 57yo.

R_J_K75

Legend
I actually downvoted many of the older names like Gygax. I'd prefer newer ideas, more modern or innovative adventure concepts. And I'm 57yo.

I chose no preference either way for all the authors and designers except End Greenwood only because he wrote the 2E Secrets of the Magister supplement. I never used anything out of it but I remember reading it completely in a night and it was really good just for the lore.

Remove ads