• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wotc Forum vs Enworld Forum

Dark Psion

First Post
I think the key difference is in the moderation of the boards.

Over at WotC boards, they are more concerend with mentioning other companies products than flaming and trolling. Not to bash their moderators, but I know they have to deal with those IN WotC telling them what is allowed and what is not.

A very good example, you cannot post about Forgotten Realms novels on the Forgotten Realms board. Why? Because that board is for RPG only. The fact that the characters exist in both is irrelevant. There was a thread trying to figure out exactly what Artimis Entreni's class is and it was shut down just because they mentioned his name.

They do get a lot of Munchkins over there also. I posted some ideas for some Changeling Racial feats and one of the responses was "just let them do all this stuff and stop wasting feats." :confused:

talinthas

First Post
well, the FR boards used to threaten and insult authors all the time, untill all novel boards on that site were shut down. The dragonlance board allows novel discussion all the time, without any problems, because the DL folks are better behaved about it.
(not that there is any kind of competition or something, but the novel fans on the FR board nearly ruined it for everyone)

driver8

First Post
I actually like the new WoTC boards post upgrade.. it is sad to say they are often faster than ENWorld, although previously they did really chug.

I cant paint WOTC in wide strokes, there are trolls and there are also quite a few good people there as well. And truth be told I dont know the personalities there like I do here. Im sure WOTC has its own Piratecats, hongs, and Crothians too.

Dragon-Slayer

First Post
The worst offical board by far in my experience is the Palladium Books messageboard. What a mess. The moderators here are very civil and quite lenient in comparison. And the ex wife of Kevin Siembieda gets away with murder while most everyone else is heavily censored. Hardly an evenhanded place. Be grateful the EnWorld not only exists, but is so well managed.at

I like the Enworld Forums because there is very little rules-lawyers here and I'm very tired of that, that is the main reason I quit a D20 game with a rules-lawyer as I was trying to tesch others the D20 system. I told this person I liked the 3rd party stuff more than WOTC products and had more info on base classes as well that would allow characters to do other things than what is in WOTC products. I would like to prefer myself as an OGL gamer over a D20 gamer any day these days.

langolas

First Post
I cruised the WotC chat forums a couple of times, but the extreme lack of spelling and grammar for the most part drove me away. Plus I hate all the net jargon and abreviations. Granted I'm not the worlds best speller, but I at least make the attempt.

I think it's great that kids are getting out and reading and writing, but please remember what your english teachers taught ya!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads