WotC got sued, can't remember the details

Joshua Dyal said:
What does Palladium publish again? RIFTS? Anything else?

The big product is obviously Rifts which its every supplement makes the last one obselete on the power scale method of sales.

They also published at one time the Robotech RPG which had the worst editing of any RPG I have ever seen.

Others that come to mind are: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and the Palladium RPG which was a basic DnD style fantasy RPG but designed around the horrible rules that infest all Palladium games.

Thresher

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
What does Palladium publish again? RIFTS? Anything else?

The old Cyberpunk system as well and more crappy Rifts supplements than you can poke a pole at. I didnt mind the CP2021 setting so much, unfortunatly it was riddled with stuff that made it a nightmare to run unless you physically punched the hell out of your PC's every now and then for being exploitive little bastards... hmm actually Rifts was much the same now I think about it.

As you can tell, I have some bias :)
(But I did try to run and play them... I better shut up before I get sued too for slander!)

Thresher

First Post
Heh!
Its not the Siembieda family thats the most fun...

Go over to the rules forum and post a question about the rules not working for such and such a thing and sit back for 15minutes. (not that Im encouraging trolling, at the time I just wanted a straight answer)
hooooboy!
I think the lines used where 'the palladium rules system is perfect, its you thats not using it right'.

Well.
Bugger me, it was like the Osbournes, just add retards.

Thresher said:
The old Cyberpunk system as well

Er, no. Cyberpunk, and Cyberpunk 2020 were produced by R.Talsorian Games. Palladium did (or does) Recon (Vietnam game sort like Platoon, but more PC deaths per session than Paranoia), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ninjas and Superspies, Robotech, System Failure, RIFTS, Beyond the Supernatural, Heroes Unlimited and the Paladium Fantasy RPG.

R.Tal (a completely different company run by completely different people) did CPunk, Cybergeneration (a spin-off that is liked by some, ignored by others), Mekton (a nice generic mecha ruleset from which the Jovian Chronicles setting from Dream Pod 9 first appeared), Teenagers from Outer Space (fun anime TOON-like game), and the Dream Park meta-RPG.

- Ma'at

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Thresher said:
Heh!
Its not the Siembieda family thats the most fun...

Go over to the rules forum and post a question about the rules not working for such and such a thing and sit back for 15minutes. (not that Im encouraging trolling, at the time I just wanted a straight answer)
hooooboy!
I think the lines used where 'the palladium rules system is perfect, its you thats not using it right'.

Well.
Bugger me, it was like the Osbournes, just add retards.

Try mentioning d20 on their boards and see what happens.

Last edited:

Gundark

Explorer
well, here I go and hi-jack my own thread. The funny thing about Palladium is that they stubbornly claim that their rules are perfect. If you have a complaint about the rules they basically claim that you're the one that is using them worng and it's your fault that your group is abusing them (think this was mentioned previously). I remember Sembedia claiming for us to use our common sense, when dealing with his gastly rules problems (that should be a wakeup call for some). It was shortly after that that I quit playing Palladium and even RPG's. I'm serious I got turned off of RPG's because I grew to hate Palladium so badly (thank goodness people turned me on to other gaming systems). People got all hot and bothered about D&D 3.5, but at least WotC is printing fixes to their system. I don't think that Palladium has once offered any kind of rule fix to their "megaverse". :rolleyes:

Remove ads