D&D 5E WotC has updated the Hadozee glide ability on DnDBeyond

So, in the end, all the ridiculous wailing and gnashing of teeth that it appeared on D&DB first was for naught, since it was, predictably, publicly errata-ed within hours, either because D&DB jumped the gun, or WotC was waiting for the official statement to clear various protocols through the legal and other departments.

At last, our long errata nightmare is over.

Last edited:

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
The errata PDF is available now: Errata SpellJammer
Interesting that they're making some of the monsters more powerful. I imagine that's due to the complaints that the book had too many low CR monsters, so they just bumped up the hit points and combat effectiveness of a couple of them. Or they could have just noticed that some of them were too powerful for the CR they were given.

HammerMan

Legend
So, not to get too snarky, but the doom and gloom and death of all fairness about D&D Beyond forcing you to pay for errata that you otherwise cannot confirm turns out to have been... maybe a 24 hour delay?

Possibly a full work day for someone to write and post that announcement?
You say that it was a 24 hour delay… I say they put it out but it might* have been becuse of the backlash.

Wait are we going back to 4E-style errata?

Pretty much every single errata here breaks the rule established for 5E where they'd only errata things it was totally vital to errata, because they were grossly out-of-whack. Except the backstory for the Hadozee. That passes the "OH CRAP!" test.

Honestly, I'd be very happy to go back to 4E-style errata, but that's HUGE if so, like a gigantic and fundamental change in how they're approaching the rules.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Wait are we going back to 4E-style errata?

Pretty much every single errata here breaks the rule established for 5E where they'd only errata things it was totally vital to errata, because they were grossly out-of-whack. Except the backstory for the Hadozee. That passes the "OH CRAP!" test.

Honestly, I'd be very happy to go back to 4E-style errata, but that's HUGE if so, like a gigantic and fundamental change in how they're approaching the rules.
It certainly seems that way. Which makes sense if they’re trying to shift to a primarily digital content model.

Remove ads