WotC WotC in a small decline as revenue drops by 16% as Hasbro shares hit a new 52-week low

I guess the players will buy the new settings created by 3PPs but the sourcebooks about crunch will have to await until the 5.5. Ed.

I spent a lot of money buying 3.5 sourcebooks, and I love my collection, but now I don't want to buy again the updated version of the old "crunch". And I feel in 3.5 with the same number of pages there was more text, and with this more crunch or fluff.

And D&D isn't "the only coke (botle) in dessert" ( = it isn't the only option, I can choose among others also). After D&D some new players may have discover other titles: Pathfinder (2), Starfinder, Call of Chulthu or World of Darkness.

Last edited:

A video game doesn't have to be good to turn a healthy profit, that's why the video game industry is the way that it is. Being great can lead to a lot of money, but even mediocrity can cover payroll and keep the lights on.
Yeah but I still get the impression it was a lot less successful than hoped.

I'm well aware of the "doesn't have to be good", but equally, even a well-reviewed game can fail to meet expectations if it just doesn't sell, and Dark Alliance wasn't well-reviewed and didn't sell.

As you say, the Game Pass was probably the saviour here. It's a real pity they didn't just do a straight sequel to Dark Alliance 2 though - people would have absolutely eaten up a very straightforward D&D-inspired isometric dungeon crawler/Diabloclone, and they'd have been able to get way more out of the same resources with that approach.

No it’s not, why do you hate say Wild Beyond the Witchlight given you apparently know nothing about it.
Why are you making things up and getting mad about them?

I didn't say anything of the sort. You obviously don't find it acceptable for people to be even mildly critical of things you like, which is not a good way to live.

In future, if you don't want to get blocked, why don't you actually read my posts, instead of making up things I didn't say? Also, unlike some of those books, I do have access to Wild, and it is definitely only "okay". I certainly don't "hate" it or any OTT bollocks like that. I'm not sure 5E has any products worthy of actual "hate" or that level of negative feeling. As for reviews, so I should ignore reviews, ignore what people I trust say, and just what mindlessly buy every WotC product so I can personally go "Wow it was exactly like everyone said it was!"? That seems a very "rich kid spending daddy's money" approach to the world. If that's not your suggestion, what exactly, is?

Cause all I have seen of you is you saying that everything sucks.
This is 100% your problem, and also obviously not true. Also "all I seen"? Yeah, because you haven't followed my posts for very long, and are pretty new on the board.

Let's remember the market of videogame online is very hard, and the server of lots of titles are closed after some years. Not even the biggest studios can avoid some failure. And after a couple of years the videogames loses value. It is not only competing with rival brands but with old but cheaper titles what don't need the last graphic card.

And it is not only Dark Alliance. There are other videogames based in Hasbro franchises what haven't worked too well.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I think some of the comments here are over the top..... But I agree with the general statement that 5e is too generic and many of the adventures are in need of a lot of work. There is never a stretching of the boundaries, like Strixhaven was just another generic magic school..... And had nothing to do with how magic works in MTG. That seems to be working for sales, but I'm buying less and less......

Once a week usually. I either have insufficient imagination, have been at it too long, or set the bar to high. Probably a combination of all three. I didn't have any trouble when I was 12, but then the stuff I made when I was 12 was rubbish.
I'm going to go Sigmund Freud on this and say, the fact that you're saying the stuff you made up when you were 12 was rubbish, combined with the fact that you didn't have problems making stuff up then strongly suggests this is a classic case of "setting the bar too high"!

Unless your group has been telling you your stuff is rubbish (which could be indirect of course, but be sure you're reading what's actually there!), I think you're probably holding yourself to a higher standard than they possibly would! :)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
In future, if you don't want to get blocked, why don't you actually read my posts...

Mod Note:
Hey. Not cool. Pretty condescending and appealing to "authority" of being here longer.

Even people who have been here decades can be misunderstood from time to time. And even if the other person is kind of deep into a preconception about what you mean, threatening to block them is not going to get them to rethink much. I mean, maybe they'll rethink whatever good impression they had of you previously, but they won't rethink their reading of your arguments.

The point you want to be rude and dismissive to someone is the point you should not respond. Walk away until you can be the better person.

If you don't believe that this was rude, imagine I opened this with, "In the future, if you don't want to get booted out of a thread...." Would that make you feel good and understanding? Probably not. The Golden Rule applies. Treat people as well as you want to be treated.

Remove ads