WotC WotC invites Bob the World Builder and other creators to an in person Summit.

Vaalingrade

Legend
I chuckled when I read this, because I am interpreting this as you saying get outside, enjoy nature, and relax a bit more. Is that right?

Why it is funny to me is I coach American Football and when I tell my linebackers to "touch grass" I am telling them to drop their hips and get in an explosive stance for hitting drills. "Touch grass" for us means violent contact is about to occur.

OK, that may be my most off-topic post ever here. Apologies.
~comes back into the room covered in lacerations~

Wait.

Grass?

Grass?

With an 'R'?!

I was just trying to learn in what way Goodman has said they were using the OGL, as I hadn't seen that anywhere.
I thought it was Goodman, I must be mistaken. I'm pretty sure there was a company that stated that they were going to accept the next scheme, and were very quiet otherwise.
It's basically irrelevant to this summit.

They produce supplements, not advice. Their product is books and pdfs, not videos and blogging.
Are only bloggers and YouTubers invited? Or have only such people commented that they were invited?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I chuckled when I read this, because I am interpreting this as you saying get outside, enjoy nature, and relax a bit more. Is that right?

My understanding is that the grass is the analogy for reality. "Tough grass," is, "get out and reconnect with the real world, instead of just screens."

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
A lot of cynicism pretending toward analysis and insight, paired with a weird mentality where they seem to think people aren’t aware that a PR summit is…PR. 🤷‍♂️

So, folks being annoyed they weren't invited isn't really what I'd call "backlash".
Truly.

Linda Codega ranting about “influencers” and “clout-chasing” as if they really think they’re informing anyone, or about how “this isn’t magnanimity” as if literally anyone anywhere thinks it is, also isn’t what I’d call a “backlash”.

I’d be willing to bet less than 5% of the community is worried about it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases