WotC WotC invites Bob the World Builder and other creators to an in person Summit.

darjr

I crit!
F716700A-F2B2-4405-99EB-F679C3637C36.jpeg

00:00 wotc's email is kinda unbelievable 00:55 wizards of the coast going to conventions again? 02:41 dnd creator team's exciting new plan... 04:22 some details on wotc's plan 06:12 info I'm very glad to have in writing 07:36 cue the comments section 08:38 an offer I can't refuse 09:33 epic deal on limited edition metal dice!

He goes over the email they sent everyone on some creator list and discusses his mixed feelings but yet agrees to go.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Interesting that it's to the Bellevue offices, as those are about to close. The dual-HQ in Renton and Bellevue disappears this summer. Bellevue is a boring generic satellite burb rather than a fun city with a statue of a dragon.

Edited to add: Anyone coming to the area that wants to see more of Renton, the City of Dragons, and learn a bit about the history of D&D in the area I'm available to hang out in the much more fun city -- you can even drop into my D&D games while you are here.

Last edited:

Very interesting. That sounds like they have gotten alot more done on the VTT then any of us expected if they are ready to show it off to Creators at a summit. Could it release next year in time for One D&D's release?

Cool that they can see more of the One D&D rules update.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Anyone else notice that they called it the D&D Rules Update, not anything that references One D&D?

The fact that the term “OneDnD” seems to be disappearing around the same time that the creatives get a bigger voice in important meetings, suggests to me that the people making this rules update genuinely don’t see it as a new game, and want that to be extremely clear..

I guess Hasbro is interested in internet and the streamers as plataform to promote the D&D. I don't say it was a bad idea.

I wonder if they are going to offer to the streamers to can use the VTT in their live-play shows.

My suggestion is AMV (anime media video) in youtube, and maybe some animated short production by different animation studios, something like Star Wars visions.

Remove ads