• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC News - Is this for real???

Nightchilde-2

First Post
Jolly Giant said:
Just saw this:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/news/20061103a

"Complete Scoundrel" - are they messing with us, or are they going for the Lamest RPG Book Title Ever Award? :confused:

Yep. it's real.

The product description uses the word "skullduggery." There's a word you don't hear very often. Too bad they couldn't also have worked in a little "ledgerdemain."

All kidding aside, this sounds like a fun book and a good addition to the "complete" series.

Numion

First Post
Jolly Giant said:
"Complete Scoundrel" - are they messing with us, or are they going for the Lamest RPG Book Title Ever Award? :confused:

You lost me here. Why's it so bad? Is it just because it's from WotC, or am I missing something?

I mean, even the title Dungeon Master is a bit corny itself, had we not been conditioned to it's use for so long.

Stormborn

Explorer
Put me in the "don't know what the problem is" camp. Is it simply because Scoundrel is a bit archaic? That shouldn't be a problem in DnD. Perhaps the term has a different connotation for the OP than its meant to. Given that the American Heritage Dictionary gives the definition as "a rogue" it seems perfect. Merriam-Webster's says "a disreputable person" which pretty much describes most adventurers. Would you have prefered "Rascal"?

brehobit

Explorer
Stormborn said:
Put me in the "don't know what the problem is" camp.
I think we are having an English-English vs American-English problem here.

I think on the other side of the pond "Scoundrel" is a much stronger, and more negative word. Think of "hoodlum" or "cad" but somewhat stronger.

Mark

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads