D&D General WotC: Novels & Non-5E Lore Are Officially Not Canon

At a media press briefing last week, WotC's Jeremey Crawford clarified what is and is not canon for D&D. "For many years, we in the Dungeons & Dragons RPG studio have considered things like D&D novels, D&D video games, D&D comic books, as wonderful expressions of D&D storytelling and D&D lore, but they are not canonical for the D&D roleplaying game." "If you’re looking for what’s official...

Status
Not open for further replies.
At a media press briefing last week, WotC's Jeremey Crawford clarified what is and is not canon for D&D.

"For many years, we in the Dungeons & Dragons RPG studio have considered things like D&D novels, D&D video games, D&D comic books, as wonderful expressions of D&D storytelling and D&D lore, but they are not canonical for the D&D roleplaying game."

despair.jpg

"If you’re looking for what’s official in the D&D roleplaying game, it’s what appears in the products for the roleplaying game. Basically, our stance is that if it has not appeared in a book since 2014, we don’t consider it canonical for the games."

2014 is the year that D&D 5th Edition launched.

He goes on to say that WotC takes inspiration from past lore and sometimes adds them into official lore.

Over the past five decades of D&D, there have been hundreds of novels, more than five editions of the game, about a hundred video games, and various other items such as comic books, and more. None of this is canon. Crawford explains that this is because they "don’t want DMs to feel that in order to run the game, they need to read a certain set of novels."

He cites the Dragonlance adventures, specifically.

Transformers has possibly the most comprehensive and conscious conception of Alternate Timelines of any IP. Here's the framework I'd like to see for D&D:

D&D, as embodied in Jeremy Crawford's quote, is missing the readily graspable diversity of fandoms which is seen in the Universal Streams. I'd like to see D&D graduate to a Megaverse.

Last edited:

pemerton

Legend
The benefit of canon to a lot of people seems to be the concept of a shared world between tables, a sense of a larger community. The fact, regardless of where or with whom you play, there is a shared connection by virtue of using the baseline canon of the same setting. You could talk to someone at a Con and have a reasonable common core of information and experience. The consumption of the extended canon, books, comics, video games, was a way of still being a part of the community even if you couldn't play. So making things non-canon is a way of stripping some people of their inclusion in a community.
That last sentence seems a non-sequitur. People can still read books, and can talk to one another about them, whether or not WotC have issued further books, pamphlets, press releases etc stating that the books people are reading are "canon". The "common core" flows from the fact that everyone is reading the same thing, not that the publishers has issued a particular decree about it.

When they were still releasing FR novels, the events of the adventures were mentioned in the novels. Up to a totally out of place encounter with a cloud giant castle floating over Waterdeep, the giants asking for the right way and then flying off. Had nothing to do with the actual story of the novel and was purely a reminder "He guys, Stormkings Thunder is happenenig at the same time elsewhere"

The events of RoT were spread over some Drizzt novels. In one an astonished drow asked another drow how they managed to enlist the aid of so many dragons. He replies that the wyrms are currently after as much gold and treasure as they can get their claws on, because her goddess demanded it for something.

In a later book there's a short talk about why the dragons have mostly left and the remaining ones are in a particular sour mood, to which is replied "that some important ritual for their goddess has recently failed"
If it's not at least mentioned in passing as an easteregg that's disappointing.
So what is the function of a novel?

Is it to provide an entertaining story, even a good and well-told one? Or is it to be a catalogue of references and allusions that serve no artistic purpose, but whose function is simply to remind some readers of other things they have read or might read?

And the same question can be asked about a published adventure module - is its purpose to provide RPGers with a scenario to play through, or it its purpose to establish events that can be referred to in other published works?

Chaosmancer

Legend
Because it's their decision as to what makes them happier, not yours. As an aside, I saw the subsequent paragraph where you said "don't answer this," but I felt that an answer was warranted. At the end of the day, this discussion comes down to what people find worthwhile, and I personally don't see the moral dimension involved with telling someone that what they find worthwhile is wrong (with the usual caveats about not hurting yourself or others, etc.).

And they obviously aren't happy right now.

I don't believe that figuring out what's canon and what isn't "removes" the things that aren't canon so much as it confirms the things that are. I suppose you could say that's the difference between the glass being half-empty and half-full - which I suppose is this entire conversation in a nutshell - but to me (and, I think, a lot of the people who place an importance on canon), it's not so much about ruling stuff out as it is an investigation of what can help us understand the externalized framework whose existence is the draw (for that mode of engagement). It's not that canon is being "removed" from those properties, but that they're understood to never have had it in the first place, barring instances where something is de-canonized.

Much like opening Schrodinger's box though, the canonicity of a work was undetermined before you started trying to decide what is and isn't canon. And what value does it bring to make that distinction? You keep saying it does have a value, that it affects your enjoyment to know whether or not something is canon. But, it is only putting things in a "true" "not true" box. That's it.

In that case, it goes to show that there's still miscommunications occurring, and that a better way to frame the discussion is necessary. Judging the value of something is inherently relative (at least in terms of what's qualitative), and since everyone will do so on their own, there's no real basis to back up a sentiment of "if you abandoned your own judgment of value and adopted mine, you'd be better off for it." (At least with regard to what constitutes modes of engagement with various areas of imagination.)

And yet, I'm not talking about "This is +A canon and this is C- Canon". I'm saying that you are putting a value on Canon. Things with Canon would have this value that things without it lack. I haven't even said if it is a big or a small value. Only it exists.

As "should" questions, these are inherently personal to you, and aren't something I can answer. Part of that is because it depends on your mode of engagement (i.e. you can read his work for entertainment without caring about canon, or you can read it for a greater understanding of the wider Star Wars canon; in the case of the latter, that will radically change depending on whether it's currently held as part of the canon, whereas in the former case that won't matter at all).

To put it another way, I'm trying to explain what (I think) canon is and how that particular mode of engagement functions. The value derived from it isn't part of what I'm discussing, because that's not something that can be rationalized or justified. "I like it" is reason enough on its own.

Okay, so you are trying to narrow this further and further down.

"People who read a work to understand the canon are affected if the canon is changed" is a very narrow thing, and a very obvious thing. I mean, I could have told you before this thread even started that some people care about canon. What I've been trying to do and see is how that is any different from the other modes of engagement we have, and the practical concerns of the IP.

If all you want to say is that "people who like DnD canon and consider it important are upset that DnD canon is changing." That's nothing we didn't know. But to throw this to the higher level, why should the IP holder care that some people like the canon and don't want it to change? I liked Mary Jane Watson being married to Spider-Man, I don't think we have enough happily married couples in Fiction. Does my liking that mean that Marvel loses the right to change that? No.

I can make an argument for why the story would be better if they kept it, but what argument is there for an IP holder not changing Canon which is their right?

I'm having a hard time figuring out why my previous answers haven't helped you understand the answer (or at least, my answer) to this question, because that's what I've been saying since I first replied to you in this thread. Canon is important because it establishes a facet of realism for an imaginary framework, and in doing so makes it more appreciable. The manner in which it establishes that facet of realism is by imbuing it with an externality - and, as a result of that, an inability to personally alter it - which gives it a stability akin to how we perceive the real world (which is also something we can't change simply by willing it to be so, unlike a realm of imagination). That inability to alter it is because the canon is governed by an authority who maintains the exclusive ability to make further changes to the canon body of the total framework.

And yet, all of those things can apply to a work of fanfiction, and you would say that that work of fanfiction does not have any canon. You have explicitly stated this.

I think I know what you are thinking, that a fanfiction author will choose to use new canon that the IP holder puts forth... but they may not. The IP holder has no power to make the Fanfic author accept lore they don't like, anymore than the Fanfic author can force the IP holder to accept their lore. But, you will continue to insist that only one of them has "true canon", true externality, true reality, true lore.

If that seems bizarre, that's because you're reading into what I'm saying rather than what I'm actually saying; to make this absolutely clear, in no way am I stating that people can't enjoy something without it being canon. For one thing, I've presented to you repeatedly that you can enjoy a story or a history of lore if it's not canon; you just won't appreciate it if the mode you're engaging in it with is "learning more about the canon." You can still enjoy it through other modes of engagement.

But if you elect to engage with something through that particular mode (i.e. canon), then a work which isn't canon will likely have little to offer you. (But only via that particular mode.)

But the only reason for that mode of engagement is to have that stamp of approval.

Unless you think the reader of a fanfic can alter the reality offered by the author? Do you feel like that is the case? Do you feel like a fanfic author has less control over their body of work than a normal author?

Even leaving aside the issue of whether or not the author is the one who makes that determination (which isn't always the case), a non-canon work is not externalized and grounded when you're looking at its integration into an established canon. That's what makes it non-canon to begin with; by lacking that particular designation, it can no longer be relied upon to help inform anything about the greater body of imagination to which you're appreciating.

No. I think you are very wrong about that.

By offering different takes, different realities, a fanfiction can highlight themes, relationships and other aspects of the original work. It can offer different ways to view the world and that has a value.

It doesn't always happen, of course, but it certainly can.

That's the part we can't see, and is what canon helps to establish. By adding that element of realism to an imaginary realm, it makes it easier to imagine the parts that haven't been established, and in that way abets imagination.

But what you imagine isn't canon. It is simply you making up things, and altering the understood structure. The thing that you say is impossible with canon, and the point of canon.

Again, it's not about being right. Imagination isn't a question of right or wrong; canon is ultimately in service to imagination because by defining various parts of the imaginary world, we can better imagine the parts that haven't been grounded yet.

But defining the world isn't what is generally understood by "canon". And, if the facts of a world change... then your imagination just redefines those other parts of the imaginary world.

You're misunderstanding; I never wanted to rank canon in tiers. You were the one who postulated that there would be multiple iterations of canon for the same properties; I pointed out that doing so would cause ambiguity because some sort of ranking system a la tiers seems like - if not an inherent state of that - then a natural consequence of it. It's not something I find desirable, or particularly useful. Canon is, as I see it, binary, and works best that way.

See, your assumption that as a "natural consequence" these tiers would be made is wrong. After all, multiple canons already exist.

Harry Potter has a canon. Star Trek has a canon. Star Wars has a canon. Transformers has a canon. Zelda has a canon. No one ranks these. It would be nonsensical to try. So, why do we assume that someone would try and rank canons from various works set in the same universe? If only because they would have a personal preference over which ones they like better?

I disagree; the model works even when the dividing line between canon and non-canon isn't clear. It's just then a task of figuring out how to dispel that ambiguity.

Good luck with that. There is no canon for a lot of properties.

That disparity is resolved by recognizing that those people can't declare 4E to be non-canon; that's not their declaration to make, as per what I said previously about the external nature of canon and its governance by an authority outside of yourself (in the general sense of "yourself"). People didn't like that 4E de-canonized a lot of lore for various D&D campaign worlds (by way of introducing retcons which were incompatible with the older material). If some people chose to disregard that in their games, that's absolutely their decision; their games are not beholden to canon because they're not a part of the canon.

So only WoTC had the right to declare canon. And that's what makes it canon.

So WoTC declaring what is canon is expected and accepted as part of what makes Canon canon. So why are people getting upset over this? This is exactly what they expect canon to be. Whatever WoTC declares it to be.

It's part of what makes canon canon, which is also something I've said before. It's essentially a conceptualized version of the Anna Karenina principle, where if even one step in a multi-step process fails, the entire process fails. Now, leaving aside loaded terms like "failure," that's a good way of looking at the necessity of authoritative governance over canon. It's one part of the issue, but not the solely-defining part. And if something has everything else except that, then we can't call it canon - we need a different term for it.

But where you keep stumbling against the ideas I'm presenting is this assumption that only one work, held by one authority can be declared canon for any given universe.

What is canon for She-Ra? The old series or the new series? The people who originally created the character, or the people who adapted the character into a more popular form? Why can't both be canon, just different canons?

The engagement is that it becomes a springboard for imagination regarding the parts of the imaginary world that you can't see. It's essentially the "boundaries spur imagination" idea, in that the more defined a particular work of imagination is, the more you an extrapolate out from it. Canon denotes what aids in that extrapolation.

Now obviously, people can and do introduce their own aids in extrapolation (e.g. "what if?" stories, crossovers, alternate universes, etc.) and there's nothing wrong with that. It's just that a clear determination of canon helps to establish the baseline.

So, by this definition, the point of canon is to make non-canon works. You need to have canon so that people can create non-canonical works that use canon as a springboard. Do you disagree?

Faolyn

(she/her)
That last sentence seems a non-sequitur. People can still read books, and can talk to one another about them, whether or not WotC have issued further books, pamphlets, press releases etc stating that the books people are reading are "canon". The "common core" flows from the fact that everyone is reading the same thing, not that the publishers has issued a particular decree about it.
Also, once WotC's plans become well-known, you can bet that long-time fans will quickly develop ways to refer to things-that-used-to-be-canon-but-haven't-been-made-5e-canon-yet. You'll see threads titled Let's Discuss That One NLC Event, where NLC means No Longer Canon. Or whatever term or acronym ends up being used.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
And they obviously aren't happy right now.
Which is because the mode of engagement under discussion has been impaired; that's not a basis for telling other people that the mode isn't (or was never) worthwhile to engage in. (Which is a sentiment I'm seeing a lot of in this thread, as well as other places where the topic is being discussed.)
Much like opening Schrodinger's box though, the canonicity of a work was undetermined before you started trying to decide what is and isn't canon. And what value does it bring to make that distinction? You keep saying it does have a value, that it affects your enjoyment to know whether or not something is canon. But, it is only putting things in a "true" "not true" box. That's it.
While there can potentially be ambiguity with regard to whether or not a particular work is part of a particular canon, that only affects the potential value of it with regard to that particular mode of engagement. You can still value it some other way. So yes, with regard to that particular mode, that's "it." I'm not sure what the significance is of highlighting that; if you have no use for that mode, then it's a non-issue for you.
And yet, I'm not talking about "This is +A canon and this is C- Canon". I'm saying that you are putting a value on Canon. Things with Canon would have this value that things without it lack. I haven't even said if it is a big or a small value. Only it exists.
Leaving aside the unnecessary capitalization, yes, things that are canon can be appreciated in the mode of engaging with canon. That's almost a tautology. The value is perceived (which I think is a better term than "exists" when it comes to finding something personally valuable) when the work is engaged with that way. And while there are a lot of people who clearly don't value such an engagement, that doesn't diminish the value for those who do.
Okay, so you are trying to narrow this further and further down.

"People who read a work to understand the canon are affected if the canon is changed" is a very narrow thing, and a very obvious thing. I mean, I could have told you before this thread even started that some people care about canon. What I've been trying to do and see is how that is any different from the other modes of engagement we have, and the practical concerns of the IP.
Okay, insofar as investigating how that's different from the other modes of engagement, that's a line of inquiry I can understand. I'm less sure I know what you mean with regard to "the practical concerns of the IP" though. That said, the first issue (i.e. seeing how engaging with canon is different from other modes) is one where I suspect the core of the discussion lies, and indeed has been brought up several times now. So I suppose the question I have in response is whether or not you've perceived what the difference is (which is distinct from if you find value in it or not)?
If all you want to say is that "people who like DnD canon and consider it important are upset that DnD canon is changing." That's nothing we didn't know. But to throw this to the higher level, why should the IP holder care that some people like the canon and don't want it to change? I liked Mary Jane Watson being married to Spider-Man, I don't think we have enough happily married couples in Fiction. Does my liking that mean that Marvel loses the right to change that? No.
I don't think that's a "higher" level - though again, I'm not completely sure what you mean by "higher" - but rather a different, unrelated, question. Again, issues of "should" don't seem like a fruitful line of inquiry, simply because it's us presuming what someone else ought to care about, and interrogating the ways in which they do or do not align with that expectation (at least as we perceive it). Given that the IP holder(s) in question aren't here to lend any insight on that front, I don't think it'll bring us any greater understanding here.
I can make an argument for why the story would be better if they kept it, but what argument is there for an IP holder not changing Canon which is their right?
Again, I feel the need to back up and examine the underlying premises, since I'm not sure how inquiring about the personal motivations of the IP holders - which we can't know anyway, short of them telling us - is going to lend us a greater understanding of why canon matters to the people who engage with it.
And yet, all of those things can apply to a work of fanfiction, and you would say that that work of fanfiction does not have any canon. You have explicitly stated this.

I think I know what you are thinking, that a fanfiction author will choose to use new canon that the IP holder puts forth... but they may not. The IP holder has no power to make the Fanfic author accept lore they don't like, anymore than the Fanfic author can force the IP holder to accept their lore. But, you will continue to insist that only one of them has "true canon", true externality, true reality, true lore.
Because "all of those things" don't apply to a work of fanfiction. I'll note here that you don't know what I'm thinking; rather, you're making an educated guess based on what I've said, and in this case your guess isn't correct. It's not that a fanfiction author will necessarily choose to make use of a new canon; there's no presumption that they will. Rather, it's that the fanfiction author's work is - at least partially - derived from the canon they're drawing upon, and so is dependent on that for at least some of its definition, in a manner that doesn't hold true in reverse. That means that the work can be interrogated based on subsequent changes to the established canon, which then changes the understanding of the work of fanfiction in ways that the author might not have intended.
But the only reason for that mode of engagement is to have that stamp of approval.

Unless you think the reader of a fanfic can alter the reality offered by the author? Do you feel like that is the case? Do you feel like a fanfic author has less control over their body of work than a normal author?
I've pointed out before, the reason for that particular mode of engagement is not - and certainly not "only" - for the so-called "stamp of approval." Rather, it's because the externalized nature of the work grounds it in a way that a derivative work doesn't possess.

A fanfiction author does, in fact, have less control over their body of work than a "normal" author (though I think calling them "normal" carries unfortunate connotations about the fanfiction author). As noted previously, that's because the canon elements that they draw upon are defined at least partially by the canon work they're utilizing, and so subsequent developments of that can alter the understanding of the fanfiction author's work.
No. I think you are very wrong about that.

By offering different takes, different realities, a fanfiction can highlight themes, relationships and other aspects of the original work. It can offer different ways to view the world and that has a value.

It doesn't always happen, of course, but it certainly can.
A work of fanfiction can certainly present alternative takes on the source material it's drawing upon, and it can present various ideas about it. But in terms of understanding the canon work unto itself, a work of fanfiction necessarily has nothing to contribute, insofar as helping to present a more grounded scope of the imaginary world. That's why it's non-canon.
But what you imagine isn't canon. It is simply you making up things, and altering the understood structure. The thing that you say is impossible with canon, and the point of canon.
Of course what you imagine isn't canon; the point of that mode of engagement (as I see it) isn't to allow you to add to what's there. It's to provide a stronger framework to build upon in terms of your own personal understanding of the imaginary world. Greater canonical definition abets that.
But defining the world isn't what is generally understood by "canon". And, if the facts of a world change... then your imagination just redefines those other parts of the imaginary world.
If there's any takeaway from this thread, it's that the entire idea of what's "generally understood" with regard to "canon" as a concept is very undefined for a lot of people who're engaged in fandom.

Having said that, I've seen a lot of fans grow angry when the undefined parts of a body of canon are subsequently developed in a way that doesn't match what they've imagined. It's something I'm sympathetic to, but which I think highlights the issue of engaging with something in a given mode: you might find it personally unsatisfying for whatever reason. The same way someone might not be able to appreciate a lecture about the history surrounding The Equestrian Statue of Gattamelata, they might disagree with the development of a particular body of canon. Even with regard to entertainment, endeavors have risks (e.g. you might lose a game, or find a book growing boring, or see the canon develop in a way you don't care for).
See, your assumption that as a "natural consequence" these tiers would be made is wrong. After all, multiple canons already exist.

Harry Potter has a canon. Star Trek has a canon. Star Wars has a canon. Transformers has a canon. Zelda has a canon. No one ranks these. It would be nonsensical to try. So, why do we assume that someone would try and rank canons from various works set in the same universe? If only because they would have a personal preference over which ones they like better?
The canons you were proposing - as I understood you - wasn't with regard to different bodies of work. Rather, it was with regard to different takes on the same bodies of work. I agree there's no expectation of rankings involved if they were about different imaginary worlds, but that wasn't what you were talking about (or at least, that's the impression I was under).
Good luck with that. There is no canon for a lot of properties.
In which case there's no need to bring them up here, is there?
So only WoTC had the right to declare canon. And that's what makes it canon.

So WoTC declaring what is canon is expected and accepted as part of what makes Canon canon. So why are people getting upset over this? This is exactly what they expect canon to be. Whatever WoTC declares it to be.
That's part of what makes it canon, yes. The reason people are upset - again, as I understand them - is that they've removed a large chunk of the existing canon, and so made the attendant conceptual frameworks have less material that can be utilized with regard to understanding them better. Recognizing that they have the right to do something doesn't mean that you have to like what they do; those are two different things.
But where you keep stumbling against the ideas I'm presenting is this assumption that only one work, held by one authority can be declared canon for any given universe.

What is canon for She-Ra? The old series or the new series? The people who originally created the character, or the people who adapted the character into a more popular form? Why can't both be canon, just different canons?
I should mention that your first sentence here is written in an aggressive tenor, which I'm hoping you didn't intend. "Stumbling," for instance, carries the implication that my reasoning is somehow falling down when held against yours, which casts this entire thing in terms of winning and losing. As is the idea that what I'm saying is an "assumption" rather than, well, an idea. Even if you disagree, you can say so in a way that doesn't lend itself toward being understood as a fight.

As for She-Ra, I couldn't tell you simply because I'm not at all familiar with the property and its associated canon. I saw a few episodes of the original series well over thirty years ago, and haven't paid attention to it since.
So, by this definition, the point of canon is to make non-canon works. You need to have canon so that people can create non-canonical works that use canon as a springboard. Do you disagree?
I disagree in the sense that I'm not sure that the word "need" is appropriate. Certainly, canon helps a great deal in that regard, but I'm not sure I'd elevate it to the level of being a requirement; you can base a fanfic off of another fanfic, for instance, which is an instance of making something non-canon from something non-canon (albeit with canonical elements utilized).

Similarly, I don't agree that simply using canon purely as a source of imagination and discussion is necessarily going to rise to the level of "creating non-canon works." Canon helps to understand a particular body of lore better, and make it more vivid in the imagination; what one does with that is entirely up to them.

Given that people constantly scream for the return of settings we're never likely to see again, I cannot imagine anyone would be satisfied if WotC said they were going to permanently shut down the Forgotten Realms.
As an FR fan, I'm not saying they should shut it down, I'm just saying that since their current approach seems to be "clean slate", if they wanted to do that, they should make a new setting, rather than "cleaning slate" with current settings. This doesn't mean getting rid of the old ones, because yes, I agree, shutting them down wouldn't satisfy anyone.

And to be clear, I'm not saying the settings should remain static or never go forward, but if they're essentially doing away with lore/canon prior to 5e, rather than continuing the setting(s) along, then they might as well make a new setting.

Last edited:

pemerton

Legend
As an FR fan, I'm not saying they should shut it down, I'm just saying that since their current approach seems to be "clean slate", if they wanted to do that, they should make a new setting, rather than "cleaning slate" with current settings. This doesn't mean getting rid of the old ones, because yes, I agree, shutting them down wouldn't satisfy anyone.

And to be clear, I'm not saying the settings should remain static or never go forward, but if they're essentially doing away with lore/canon prior to 5e, rather than continuing the setting(s) along, then they might as well make a new setting.
I don't feel the force of this at all.

I ran a 4e D&D game from 1st to 30th level. That game featured D&D personages and story elements like Orcus (Demon Prince of Undeath), Vecna (with his Hand and Eye as artefacts in the world), the Rod of Seven Parts, Moradin god of the Dwarves, etc. Part of the fun of that game was the use of these various "canonical" D&D-isms. The game was more fun for my group, I think, because it included them than it would have been if everything had been new or different.

But that doesn't mean I care what was published 25 years ago about Moradin, or Orcus, or the Rod of Seven Parts, in some module or novel or whatever that I've never heard of.

Or a non-RPG example: I have a near-complete collection of the Claremont run on the X-Men. I've seen nearly every X-Man film at the cinema - I go into all of them with high hopes, and the majority of the time have not been disappointed. The films are better because they pick up on, re-present, sometimes reimagine, and normally build upon, what is great about the X-Men. The fact that they leave behind much of the accumulated but largely irrelevant cruft makes them better, not worse. And they would not be better films had they been about some heroes other than the X-Men.

All this is of course before we tackle commercial realities head-on, although I think they push very much in the same direction that I am arguing.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Living Greyhawk was a beautiful disaster. It was some of the best D&D experiences of my life. It was uneven, overpopulated with Oerth Shaking Events and too many fragile egos, but had some of the most awesome inclusive community world-building and detailed background of a shared world. It depended heavily on where the player physically lived. The East coast had The Sheldomar Valley and a decent intermixing of story lines between Keoland, Geoff, Bissel, and Gran March.
The less said about the poor initial Triad of the Bone March and battling beholders in a tier 1 adventure, the better.
I agree wholeheartedly with this summary of LG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads