D&D 5E WotC Ranger: Drakewarden released at D&D Celebration

A medium drake could carry a small PC (or even a medium one if they where light enough). Since they aren't "mounted" the restriction on flying wouldn't apply.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
WotC makes the game set up for all the players who have not yet learned how to best balance all kinds of disparate abilities that might be overpowered or feel comfortable doing so. They don't care if you've been playing the game for the last 7 years and can identify right off the bat that you could use the features any which way without being a disruption to the table or overpowering yourself against your fellow players. They aren't writing these features for you... because they know that if you want these features that bad, you can just make the choice to allow them in your games. You don't need WotC to write it down for you in a book... you just change the rules for your own table. After all this time, no one should be surprised by the conversativism in rules management for the game.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
WotC makes the game set up for all the players who have not yet learned how to best balance all kinds of disparate abilities that might be overpowered or feel comfortable doing so. They don't care if you've been playing the game for the last 7 years and can identify right off the bat that you could use the features any which way without being a disruption to the table or overpowering yourself against your fellow players. They aren't writing these features for you... because they know that if you want these features that bad, you can just make the choice to allow them in your games. You don't need WotC to write it down for you in a book... you just change the rules for your own table. After all this time, no one should be surprised by the conversativism in rules management for the game.
You mean like releasing a PC race that can fly from 1st level...three days ago. But flight being too much before 15th level a few weeks from now.

Zubatcarteira

Now you're infected by the Musical Doodle
Seems fine besides the flight thing, which is easy enough to ignore.

Edit: I could see a Warlock dip for the longer adventuring days so you can keep the dragon the whole time.

Scribe

Legend
Again, I don’t think flight being too much before 15th level is the problem here. Giving class features to some races earlier than others is.
Yeah, which is just such a safe, boring, design philosophy we are stuck with. Frustrates me way more than I should allow it to. :)

Remove ads