• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC, really? No...really? You can't maintain a publishing schedule?

shadzar

Banned
Banned
http://www.enworld.org/forum/4e-dis...dragons-insider-article-release-schedule.html

Forums posts over at WotC by Trevor (I think) says even more, that these arent magazines anymore, and will NOW be going through the same proofreading and editing process as printed books will. Meaning they were never really properly edited before, but the magazines are gone and it is only online articles behind the DDi paywall equivalent to the old free content, jsut that it isn't free.

There will be new content daily, but when each comes out will be updated in the calendar AFTER the article is out, and info will be given each week what "content" to "expect" to see that week.

THE Dragon, and Dungeon are officially dead.

Dragon Jun 1976~Jan 2011
Dungeon Sept 1986~Jan 2011

Erik Mona

Adventurer
My read is that they will continue to do collector sets like the recent beholder offering, but that the "regular" sets are done.

--Erik

darjr

I crit!
ninja'd

I was stunned by the mini's revelation as well. There will be some, just in the board games and collectors sets.

Last edited:

So how do we think digital Dungeon and Dragon have worked out for WotC?

I personally dropped my subscription when they went digital, and have no plan to go to DDI ever, but I'd resubscribe to both magazines if they went back print, doubly so if the license went back to Paizo.

Pour

First Post
So how do we think digital Dungeon and Dragon have worked out for WotC?

I personally dropped my subscription when they went digital, and have no plan to go to DDI ever, but I'd resubscribe to both magazines if they went back print, doubly so if the license went back to Paizo.

I believe the Paizo ship has sailed on those mags, and they've got their own stuff going on with Pathfinder, but if we're talking hypotheticals, then give the publishing license to the only other group whose proven capable of quality electronic rpg magazines with 4e content: Kobold Quarterly. Redirect the Midgard project into a 4e campaign setting with full WotC support. Heal many wounds.

Argyle King

Legend
I'm a little confused by how releasing more board games is considered an even exchange for cutting some of the books. ...unless the intent is to take 4E in more of a board game style format...?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads