• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WOTC, Scott, Where in the World is the GSL

Arksorn

First Post
WOTC, Scott, Where in the World is the GSL

We have lost one of the best adventure writing publishers due to the delay.
Please get the GSL in the hands of other publishers so we don't lose any more.

Henry

Autoexreginated
I wouldn't say we've "lost" them. More like they're not going to be an early adopter for sure, and their entry into the 4e market will likely be in a smaller way, next year, assuming they enter.

My uninformed guess is that the Hasbro suits intervened. I can't imagine any other reason why the GSL would still be missing after being promised in November.

And now it's cost 4E Paizo. Talk about shooting one's self in the foot.

Ken

JohnSnow

Hero
Haffrung Helleyes said:
My uninformed guess is that the Hasbro suits intervened. I can't imagine any other reason why the GSL would still be missing after being promised in November.

Ken

Actually, I don't think it's cost 4E anything. It's cost Paizo what they would've gained by being an early adopter.

And it's going to cost them a lot of customers. Quite honestly, Paizo's decision just bumped them from near the top of my list for third-party 4E products right down to the bottom.

EATherrian

First Post
JohnSnow said:
Actually, I don't think it's cost 4E anything. It's cost Paizo what they would've gained by being an early adopter.

And it's going to cost them a lot of customers. Quite honestly, Paizo's decision just bumped them from near the top of my list for third-party 4E products right down to the bottom.

I'm the opposite. Paizo not moving to 4th Edition is really putting some pressure on my decision to move to that edition at all. Paizo are more in line with my style of play, and I'll stick with them.

And how would you propose that Paizo be an early adopter, when they still don't even know on what terms they would be allowed to write 4E compatible products? WoTC took that option away from them.

As for lost customers, as things stand now Paizo may end up inheriting the base of people who want to stick with 3.5. Even if that's 10% of the total, it's a huge win for them.

And like the previous poster, Paizo's decision to stick with 3.X makes me less likely to switch to 4E. Their adventures were by far the best of the 3E adventures , after all.

Ken

Vigilance

Explorer
For me, the whole point of being a Phase 1 publisher was being there at launch (the GenCon where 4e will be released).

Once the GSL delays made that impossible, being Phase 1 didn't seem so meaningful.

rom90125

Banned
Banned
EATherrian said:
I'm the opposite. Paizo not moving to 4th Edition is really putting some pressure on my decision to move to that edition at all. Paizo are more in line with my style of play, and I'll stick with them.

QFT.

Carnivorous_Bean

First Post
Haffrung Helleyes said:

Ken

I fail to see how shunting a competitor into back-burnersville of 3e nostalgia is shooting oneself in the foot. Somehow, I think they'll survive. ;)

Wisdom Penalty

First Post
I agree with the OP. WotC should be ashamed at the delay.

Paizo's move was somewhat forced upon them yet, despite that, I fear it was a very poor choice for their company and a very regrettable day for the gaming industry.

Not sure what else to say. Sorta surprised and saddened in equal measure.

W.P.

Remove ads