• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WOTC, Scott, Where in the World is the GSL

carmachu

Adventurer
Henry said:
I wouldn't say we've "lost" them. More like they're not going to be an early adopter for sure, and their entry into the 4e market will likely be in a smaller way, next year, assuming they enter.

And also adding a competing product to the mix. Its till going to syphon off customers....

carmachu

Adventurer
Xorn said:
On the topic presented, the point that keeps resonating with me, is that Paizo is going to lose everyone that goes over to 4E. Every poll I've seen with any weight shows that more people are going to 4E than not--so it's a fair speculation that more of Paizo's market is going to move to 4E than not. It feels pretty unlikely that Pathfinder is going to bring in more players than Paizo has leaving for 4E.

And they do make some awesome adventures, I'm not in high-school/college anymore, and I don't have time to make long, expansive campaigns up. I learned the name Paizo when looking for pregen adventures! But I'm going to 4E, so I'll be looking to Necro, and hoping to see Paizo when the switch is over and the dust settles.

I call BS on the polls.

Sorry, but when there were strong poll numbers showing any anti-4e status or pro not moving to it....folks trotted out how its just a small sampling on a single internet site.

Same rules apply for yours too.

Its funny, you say its goingto move, but Paizo doesnt need Wotc numbers. If they keep most of their fan base and snag a handufl more its a success. WotC losing 10% of its base is a much harder hit.

But for the record....I'm staying with my Paizo subscriptions. My DM, after showing him teh alpha, has signed up for pathfinder and gamemastery modules....so their net one here.

Remove ads